Controlling AMD Wraith Prism RGB Heatsinks On Linux Is Easy Now With CM-RGB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling AMD Wraith Prism RGB Heatsinks On Linux Is Easy Now With CM-RGB

Phoronix: Controlling AMD Wraith Prism RGB Heatsinks On Linux Is Easy Now With CM-RGB

With the Wraith Prism heatsink fan included with many modern AMD Ryzen processors there is configurable RGB lighting, which unfortunately AMD hadn't publicly documented or offered a Linux utility for manipulating the RGBs under Linux. Fortunately, there is now a straight-forward solution for dealing with those Wraith Prism RGB LEDs thanks to the open-source and independent CM-RGB project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I feel like a girl saying this, but that cooler is amusingly great (if we ignore the crappy locking lever).

Comment

Luxury, pure luxury! Linux doesn't need such thing! gets a tempered glass case for his new PC
      Lockheed

Comment

nice , I have been using nagisa/msi-rgb to change the prism fan lights so far. It does not adress the outer ring tho.

Comment

I didn't even plug the cable...

Comment

I personally don't want my case to look like the outside lights of a brothel, but yet I'm happy for whoever feels like he/she needs it. I prefer classy and sober, but I want people who like bright and flashy to be happy too.

Also, if modern Internet boxes (modems), TVs, TV decoders, receivers, BRs, could have a plug or switch to turn off those damn LED lights that makes your room like a god*amn Christmas tree in the middle of the night (or the day actually), that would be a relief.

Comment

That's pretty cool

Comment

Bloated Python? What about a kernel driver and exposed to DE configuration tool via an easy interface instead? Please standardize this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                  If it works on Windows, it should be at least close in parity to being the same in Linux.

It should at least at the minimum be supported. Shame on AMD for not publishing docs!

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    Bloated Python? What about a kernel driver and exposed to DE configuration tool via an easy interface instead? Please standardize this crap.
                    Look at icue and tell me that bloated qt is any better.

Comment

Working...
                    X