No announcement yet.

AMD Athlon 3000G Linux Performance Benchmarks - The New $50 Processor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think downgrading of the BIOS would not help here. The 3000G needs at least BIOS version F40. The guy who comments on YouTube also misses the integrated graphics options in his BIOS. He has the 3400G and therefore he also has to have at least F40 to get 3400G working. The F2 (or F4?) with the integrated graphics options enabled could definitely not be used with 3000G (or 3400G, ...). I would recommend to stay with F50 in this case.

Maybe reporting the issue to manufacturer would help for the future BIOS versions, if the integrated graphic options had been disabled by accident or error.

Comment

I submitted a support ticket to Gigabyte. Let's see if they respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam View Post
        I submitted a support ticket to Gigabyte. Let's see if they respond.
        Gigabyte confirmed the issue and sent me a new BIOS F51c to test. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow. ​​​​​​. Nice of them!

Comment

Gigabyte confirmed the issue and sent me a new BIOS F51c to test. I'll see if I can do it tomorrow. ​​​​​​. Nice of them!
          Tested the new BIOS this morning. Alls is well now .

Comment

Tested the new BIOS this morning. Alls is well now .
            Nice to hear that.

You also did a good job with reporting & testing. 👍 🎉

Comment

I had a Wraith cooler left over from my Ryzen 2700x becuase I switched to water cooling there. Most of the time the fan is idle and the cpu is under 30-40c under light load. only when using more than one core the fan turns on, still very slowly and completely quite. I am very happy with this set up right now =)

Comment

Which graphics card was used with the Ryzen 3 1200?

Comment

Working...
                X