Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Nehalem vs. Ice Lake Benchmarks - Including Clock + Power + Thermal Metrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coder View Post
    Yeah, although for the purpose of that post, the Real World Tech article was actually a better resource. In fact, I later noticed that he even cited it at the end of his Core 2/Nehalem section.

There were 8 more parameters that I found for Nehalem, but not Ice Lake. I'm sure part of that is due to Ice Lake's newness, but I think Intel is less forthcoming with details than it used to be. It also doesn't help that Ice Lake is mostly targeted at the mid-performance laptop market, so not very interesting for gamers & therefore attracting less attention.
    Am I blind or has your post disappeared? if so why? According to citation style and presenting arguments it has been the most professional comment in this thread.
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 11-29-2019, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Am I blind or has your post disappeared? if so why? According to citation style and presenting arguments it has been the most professional comment in this thread.
      I updated it with some more details & toned down my rebuke, somewhat. As before, it got caught in the spam filter, due to the links. I knew that would happen, but decided to edit it anyway. Hopefully, it was worthwhile. At least I learned a couple things, in the process.

Anyway, it's back, in case you'd like to see my handiwork: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...34#post1142134

IMO, the spam filter really needs some work. It disincentives people from including supporting links, which is really counter-productive.
      Last edited by coder; 11-29-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X