No announcement yet.

AMD's Athlon 3000G Processor Begins Shipping At $49 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fractal Design Node 304 is a mini ITX, that can house 6x 3.5 inch drives - though not easily swappable.

Comment

Thanks.

I'd still say that by the time you're looking at a Node 304, stepping up to mATX gets you absurdly-better airflow and expandability for only about 20% more volume. But, meh, by the time you're putting 4+ drives in something, it's going to be a server, so you don't really have to worry about heat much. You can use your 1 slot for whichever of USB-next / 10GbE / etc makes the most sense for that box before you have to scrap it, and that'll get it to last long enough.

I wouldn't do it myself, but that's mostly because I've always got old machines to rotate into serverdom. But yeah, I can see the appeal. Fun toys are fun.

Comment

I use my mITX rig for a server, HTPC and now even Steam/gaming. All simultaniously (thanks to RAM and NVME). 20TB, 32GB RAM, 3200G Ryzen, all happily chugging away in this ridiculously hot Aussie weather. I had always planned it as a miltirig for my home entertainment (Sony XB41 acting as sound and wireless controllers inbound, as is the KB/M).
        Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Markore View Post

"ASRock DeskMini A300" supports only non-ECC RAM does NOT support ECC RAM (Unbuffered), unlike many low cost ASUS motherboards, that support Unbuffered ECC for Ryzen.
          You really, really need ECC RAM for your NAS, in order not to garble your saved data..

So NO, Asrock, no, thanks.
          Many low cost ASRock motherboards support Unbuffered ECC as well.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
            Many low cost ASRock motherboards support Unbuffered ECC as well.
            Yes, I also learned that some of Asrock do.
            Would be great to know which ones.

Comment

Working...
            X