Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux Kernel Disabling HPET For Intel Coffee Lake

Phoronix: The Linux Kernel Disabling HPET For Intel Coffee Lake

Another Intel change being sent off for Linux 5.4 and to be back-ported to current stable series is disabling of HPET for Coffee Lake systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the best thing linux kernel should disable are the Intel Cpus.

Comment

Damn I bought a new Coffee Lake Core i5 CPU just a month ago, but I bought an AMD video card at the same time. Now I wish I had chosen an AMD CPU as well..

Comment

HPET ist mostly useless anyway pretty much the only choice here is TSC.

Comment

With all the stuff in the news recently about Intel CPU issues, and then going back to all of the security problems in the last few years, I'm getting really happy with my decision to make my next laptop a Ryzen APU

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            the best thing linux kernel should disable are the Intel Cpus.
            Kernel support for intel cpus should be dropped until they have cleaned up their mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
              With all the stuff in the news recently about Intel CPU issues, and then going back to all of the security problems in the last few years, I'm getting really happy with my decision to make my next laptop a Ryzen APU
              Yes, AMD has had no major screw-ups post Ryzen.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                This was what I wanted to have aswel but there is simply no mobile AMD workhorse with proper linux support out there ...now I have an Intel Xeon 2286 (Dell Precission 7540)...with the uprising issues and preformance hitting mitigations Im starting to regret the purchase.

Comment

Seems like the saying "When it rains it pours" has applied unusually well to Intel over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                    Seems like the saying "When it rains it pours" has applied unusually well to Intel over the last few years.
                    you took the words out of my mouth

Comment

Working...
                    X