Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Linux Kernel Disabling HPET For Intel Coffee Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Linux Kernel Disabling HPET For Intel Coffee Lake

    Phoronix: The Linux Kernel Disabling HPET For Intel Coffee Lake

    Another Intel change being sent off for Linux 5.4 and to be back-ported to current stable series is disabling of HPET for Coffee Lake systems...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...PET-CoffeeLake

  • #2
    the best thing linux kernel should disable are the Intel Cpus.

    Comment


    • #3
      Damn I bought a new Coffee Lake Core i5 CPU just a month ago, but I bought an AMD video card at the same time. Now I wish I had chosen an AMD CPU as well..

      Comment


      • #4
        HPET ist mostly useless anyway pretty much the only choice here is TSC.

        Comment


        • #5
          With all the stuff in the news recently about Intel CPU issues, and then going back to all of the security problems in the last few years, I'm getting really happy with my decision to make my next laptop a Ryzen APU

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            the best thing linux kernel should disable are the Intel Cpus.
            Kernel support for intel cpus should be dropped until they have cleaned up their mess.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
              With all the stuff in the news recently about Intel CPU issues, and then going back to all of the security problems in the last few years, I'm getting really happy with my decision to make my next laptop a Ryzen APU
              Yes, AMD has had no major screw-ups post Ryzen.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
                With all the stuff in the news recently about Intel CPU issues, and then going back to all of the security problems in the last few years, I'm getting really happy with my decision to make my next laptop a Ryzen APU
                This was what I wanted to have aswel but there is simply no mobile AMD workhorse with proper linux support out there ...now I have an Intel Xeon 2286 (Dell Precission 7540)...with the uprising issues and preformance hitting mitigations Im starting to regret the purchase.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Seems like the saying "When it rains it pours" has applied unusually well to Intel over the last few years.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                    Seems like the saying "When it rains it pours" has applied unusually well to Intel over the last few years.
                    you took the words out of my mouth

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X