Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarks Of 10 Higher-End Intel/AMD CPUs On Ubuntu 19.10

Phoronix: Benchmarks Of 10 Higher-End Intel/AMD CPUs On Ubuntu 19.10

With Ubuntu 19.10 bringing some CPU/system performance changes compared to earlier Ubuntu releases as a result of compiler/toolchain upgrades, the newer kernel, and more, here is a quick weekend look at how the Ubuntu 19.10 performance compares across ten different AMD Ryzen and Intel Core systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is a very nice article! Thanks!

The one thing I miss here is a comparison so that we can see that we actually do have higher-end CPUs.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a fixed reference CPU every five years or so, so one can appreciate the actual gains over time.

Here I can can think of big sellers like

Intel i6-2600K from Jan 2011
    Intel i7-7700K from Jan 2017

but there may be many opinions on what is reasonable. Perhaps a voting what might be the upcoming reference CPU.

Still, some comparison with a lot older CPUs would be helpful.

Comment

So it seems the Ryzen 9 3900X is the sweet spot in this chart if you need a lot of computational power for a still reasonable price.

Comment

I see that the MKL libraries were used in the benchmarks.

Did you forget to fake the cpu as AMD? The Intel gimping does affect the results considerably.

Least you could do is comment on that and exclude these from the geometric mean.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...mpetitive_mkl/
        Last edited by ayumu; 10 November 2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X