Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Xeon vs. EPYC Performance With Intel's oneAPI Embree & OSPray Render Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeevy420
    replied
    Looking at those numbers....256 new threads and 8.57 FPS.

So, like, do those tools also measure in Frames Per Day for regular people with regular systems?

Leave a comment:

• zeealpal
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomme View Post

why? The newer epyc has double the cores.
    As well as 2x the floating point units IIRC?

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    A little strange to see the 7601 lose so badly in so many of the tests. Those are the results I'd expect of a single 7601, not two.
    why? The newer epyc has double the cores.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    A little strange to see the 7601 lose so badly in so many of the tests. Those are the results I'd expect of a single 7601, not two.

Leave a comment:

• The Xeon vs. EPYC Performance With Intel's oneAPI Embree & OSPray Render Projects

Phoronix: The Xeon vs. EPYC Performance With Intel's oneAPI Embree & OSPray Render Projects

With Intel seemingly ramping up work on their open-source OSPray portable ray-tracing engine now that they have pulled it under their oneAPI umbrella as part of a forthcoming rendering tool-kit, I figured it would be the latest interesting candidate for benchmarking of AMD EPYC 7742 vs. Intel Xeon Platinum 8280 performance. In addition, the Embree ray-tracing kernels are also being benchmarked as part of this performance comparison.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=28301
Working...
X