No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Benchmarks On 11 Linux Distributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The openSUSE results kill me because I use ext4, but the distro defaults are btrfs+xfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
      I'm surprised how the rolling release Manjaro/Arch is behind in these. It seems there's something wrong with how they build their packages. Doesn't make sense for newer to be slower in pretty much all tests.
      easy, manjaro is running linux 4.19 in these tests.. I think there is no fair here XD

Comment

Originally posted by xorbe View Post
        The openSUSE results kill me because I use ext4, but the distro defaults are btrfs+xfs.
        This has been discussed many, many times. But still, here we are.

Comment

I wonder what makes Fedora 30 performs so badly overall.

Comment

Originally posted by spykes View Post
            I wonder what makes Fedora 30 performs so badly overall.
            Perhaps due to selinux ?

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
              I'm surprised how the rolling release Manjaro/Arch is behind in these. It seems there's something wrong with how they build their packages. Doesn't make sense for newer to be slower in pretty much all tests.
              Aren't arch packages built with every developer and logging options turned on where available?
              It's a developer tool not a fast everyday OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post

Aren't arch packages built with every developer and logging options turned on where available?
                It's a developer tool not a fast everyday OS.
                no and no.

Edit: also, manjaro etc are not archlinux.

Comment

So, when will IBM/RedHat/Fedora finally get their act together and start implementing Clear Linux's optimizations? Don't they have the necessary ressources?

It's not like it was not all opensource. Clear Linux's devs have documented their work and written blog posts about it.

EDIT : I specifically think about FMV, not brainless march/mtune tuning...
                  Last edited by sheepdestroyer; 12 September 2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdestroyer View Post
                    So, when will IBM/RedHat/Fedora finally get their act together and start implementing Clear Linux's optimizations? Don't they have the necessary ressources?

It's not like it was not all opensource. Clear Linux's devs have documented their work and written blog posts about it.
                    Just to give you an idea, the mtune= used in Clear Linux points to the Skylake architecture. This gives you an idea of why this doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                      What kind of magic does clear linux use and why not any other distro uses it???
                      tell me, and I add the magic to #t2sde in a snap. Nice when big companies do not clearly publish their open source modifications and tricks, right, ..? Or do they?

Comment

Working...
                      X