Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ampere Computing Is Keeping Close Track Of The Linux Performance For Their ARM Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampere Computing Is Keeping Close Track Of The Linux Performance For Their ARM Servers

Phoronix: Ampere Computing Is Keeping Close Track Of The Linux Performance For Their ARM Servers

Hardware vendor Ampere Computing with their impressive ARM servers is doing a great job on closely following their hardware's Linux performance as part of a rigorous continuous testing regiment or ensuring quality, compatibility, and stability while being fully-automated...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Michael. I've oft wondered how PTS looks in the Real World, outside the comfort and safety of your own home.

Comment

People should not be serving arms.

Cannibalism is gross and disgusting!

Okay, okay, this is why I was an engineer and not a comedian

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
        People should not be serving arms.

Cannibalism is gross and disgusting!

Okay, okay, this is why I was an engineer and not a comedian
        Depends on the arm

Chicken arms with spicy garlic sauce is the shiznizzle

Comment

Thanks Michael, as always
          Ampere,
          Seems to be doing a great work, in scrutinising cycles of development and impact Performance on its Servers..

I believe they are doing some sort of a "passive" Quality of Development, comparing with Clear Linux for example,
          That IMO, is doing an "active" Quality check( since they hand tune the code for their archs..),
          But we also know that Ampere doesn't have the same resources that Clear has..

The type of quality checks they do,
          Could be used to advance, a hand tuned optimisation workflow, if they find the resources for that in the future..
          Any way, even without that next process, they are assuring, for what it seems, to deliver, the best software stack/versions, that runs better on their arch.. very nice work!

Comment

Working...
          X