No announcement yet.

AMD EPYC 7502 + EPYC 7742 Linux Performance Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i get that this isn't the point of these CPU, But since you have em. Any chance you could post some gaming benchmarks just for fun? no need to go all out and do a full tons of games but maybe just 1 or 2 that are known to be fairly CPU bound just for fun. I am curious if these things are getting performant enough that you could game on one decently lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKitsuna View Post
      So i get that this isn't the point of these CPU, But since you have em. Any chance you could post some gaming benchmarks just for fun? no need to go all out and do a full tons of games but maybe just 1 or 2 that are known to be fairly CPU bound just for fun. I am curious if these things are getting performant enough that you could game on one decently lol.
      Unfortunately pointless when I haven't seen any Linux game effectively scale beyond eight threads and that is even very rare, most Linux titles aren't scaling beyond like four.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unfortunately pointless when I haven't seen any Linux game effectively scale beyond eight threads and that is even very rare, most Linux titles aren't scaling beyond like four.
        I was more thinking from the standpoint of like VFIO and multiple gaming machines on one CPU. This could in theory run many clients at once but that's useless if the per core performance isnt up to the task. I have a hard time trying to translate these productivity benchmarks into comparisons with more desktop focused CPU and am mostly just curious if a game would even run half decently. The boost clock seems high enough so something like shadow of the tomb raider bench would even be interesting for the cpu frametimes etc. i know not to expect any game to use the whole CPU am more just curious if their single thread performance is getting to that point they could even hope to run a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Will check on PostgreSQL, forgot why I hadn't included it in my original testing, been a terribly long past few weeks.
          With all of the AMD product releases in the last couple of months I do feel that you do deserve a nice holiday!

Comment

I'm assuming for these prices you can get it without PSP. Right? If you ask sweetly?

Comment

So the EPYC 7742 can't idle?

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
                Its flexing so hard over Intel it got stuck in the pose.

Comment

How about PCIe 4? Infinity Fabric still consumes half of the lanes when in 2P configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by elatllat View Post
                    Its more difficult for it to idle, on a 64 cores processor,
                    But it could be that the driver is not optimised..

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                      Never in Computer History Intel lost this big.
                      Maybe a decade and half ago, when AMD was dominating, and Intel launched a scheme to block AMD products, off the market..
                      Who remembers that? I do

Comment

Working...
                      X