Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Posts New CPUFreq Driver For CPPC Support With Zen 2 CPUs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

    To claim it's just money is being dishonest. Intel is more experienced contributing to open source projects and they have a better practice of allowing code to be upstreamed well before hardware is released. This isn't something that is simply solved by throwing money at it
    or maybe it is indeed something that can be simply solved by having more software engineers than total amd headcount including housecleaners

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      or maybe it is indeed something that can be simply solved by having more software engineers than total amd headcount including housecleaners
      No, you don't solve management and legal blocking or delaying upstreaming by throwing more software engineers at the problem. That requires a shift in thinking and overall workflow.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
        No, you don't solve management and legal blocking or delaying upstreaming by throwing more software engineers at the problem.
        lol, you do exactly that when your windows engineers are writing linux driver because you have no money to double your headcount and write linux driver separately

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          lol, you do exactly that when your windows engineers are writing linux driver because you have no money to double your headcount and write linux driver separately
          Windows engineers are not writing AMD's linux drivers, and regardless raw software engineer bodycount has nothing to do with changing company culture.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Space Heater View Post
            Windows engineers are not writing AMD's linux drivers
            welcome to real world, here they are

            Comment


            • #16
              Since this patch, any better raw specifications of the performance registers have been published for family 17h ?
              I will prefer going through MSR or PCI rather than ACPI.

              Comment

              Working...
              X