Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Itanium IA-64 Support To Be Deprecated By GCC 10, Planned Removal In GCC 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edwaleni
    replied
    Most customers are moving legacy apps on HP-UX IA-64 to containers. Then they can let the clock run out on the hardware as HP allows. This gives them time to develop the replacements on the platform of their choice. Eazy-peasy.

Leave a comment:

• cjcox
    replied
    I smell HP landfill!

It's sad, but there's still a lot of IA64 out there, and now it's destined for the poop pile. One of the things I love about Linux is how it can keep really old equipment (especially equipment from a bad vendor) out of our landfills (yes, I supposed a good scrapper might be able to get something out of them).

Leave a comment:

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    Originally posted by milkylainen View Post
    Dead as a dodo. Intels best effort to sideline it's own x86 show, now defunct.
    But I'm sure x86 will die any day now...
    Yep just like how X11 will surely die any day now. /s

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    Dead as a dodo. Intels best effort to sideline it's own x86 show, now defunct.
    But I'm sure x86 will die any day now...

Leave a comment:

• Intel Itanium IA-64 Support To Be Deprecated By GCC 10, Planned Removal In GCC 11

Phoronix: Intel Itanium IA-64 Support To Be Deprecated By GCC 10, Planned Removal In GCC 11

Intel announced at the start of the year their newest Itanium 9700 "Kittson" processors from 2017 would be discontinued with no planned successor for the IA-64 line-up. Given the IA-64 compiler support is already in rough shape for GCC, the GNU developers are planning to deprecate the support for the current GCC 10 cycle and to remove it entirely for GCC 11...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X