Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Talks Up Icelake At Computex 2019

Phoronix: Intel Talks Up Icelake At Computex 2019

At Intel's keynote today at Computex, Icelake was the main subject of their presentation. Icelake mobile CPUs aren't shipping today but are said to be coming out this summer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

THey announced Thunderbolt3 support will be offered alongside WiFi 6. I think that's important.

Comment

Unfortunately, Intel has a bad reputation nowadays.

Comment

New CPU, new entry in /proc/cpuinfo#bugs (Wifi6)

Comment

The top TDP is pretty low. Is intel abandoning mobile workstation market?

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
            The top TDP is pretty low. Is intel abandoning mobile workstation market?
            They are only releasing mobile parts which have terribly low turbo. Dell listed the specifications for their latest XPS 13:

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

They are only releasing mobile parts which have terribly low turbo. Dell listed the specifications for their latest XPS 13:

Yep, it looks pretty bad, there are no hex-core either. I assume a turbo clock this high up from the base goes beyond TDP way too much, and can't be sustained for long as well. I wish they would keep releasing 45W and 55W parts for those who want something that can handle heavy workloads on the go. With improvements they made over all these generations, such chips would be quite powerful.

It shouldn't be hard to pull off either. TDP-down functionality became standard in their chips, and they could sell 55W parts and then let manufacturers cap them at something like 25W or 35W in smaller laptops that can't have adequate cooling. I wish it was standard in Ivy Bridge, but I managed to get one of chips that lack this functionality. Still, thermald does it job pretty well.

Comment

Working...
              X