No announcement yet.

Intel Core i9 9900KS Allowing 5.0GHz All-Core, Icelake News Coming This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i9 9900KS Allowing 5.0GHz All-Core, Icelake News Coming This Week

Phoronix: Intel Core i9 9900KS Allowing 5.0GHz All-Core, Icelake News Coming This Week

Intel has jumped ahead of AMD and NVIDIA news expected tomorrow in their Computex 2019 keynotes with some pre-announcements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Absolutely crazy news, I'm looking forward to seeing the benchmarks!

Comment

Intel releasing products that have no hardware mitigations for the swathe of vulnerabilities out there is borderline criminal.

Comment

All AMD needs to do is 4.3 with the ipc gain of 7nm, and they'll beat their 5ghz with mitigations.

Comment

Likely just for $999. It has to be the most cherry picked 14nm++++++ of them all after all. Thanks, but I'll pass.

Comment

Will it require a 1.5kW chiller like that 28-core all 5GHz demo?

Comment

2018 Computex: We 'Forgot' to Mention 28-Core, 5-GHz CPU Demo Was Overclocked (With a 1kW+ liquid phase change cooler).
              2019 Computex: We finally nailed it! But thanks to our overly complex TDP estimations, you still need an industrial cooler or you'll have a CPU gone into plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post
                Will it require a 1.5kW chiller like that 28-core all 5GHz demo?
                Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post
                  Intel releasing products that have no hardware mitigations for the swathe of vulnerabilities out there is borderline criminal.
                  Well. I wouldn't take it as far as criminal.
                  But since they do cause an efficiency hit to fulfill security I would pull the plug on their sales until they fixed their products.
                  Also, I am very skeptical about how Intel chooses to declare TDP on their products. I call absolute bullshit on the TDP numbers they are publishing.

TDP according to Intel:
                  "Thermal Design Power (TDP) represents the average power, in watts, the processor dissipates when operating at Base Frequency with all cores active under an Intel-defined, high-complexity workload. Refer to Datasheet for thermal solution requirements."

Yeah. Intel defined workload. Base frequency. Average power. What a bunch of crap.
                  Last edited by milkylainen; 26 May 2019, 02:37 PM. Reason: Edit: Language.

Comment

Icelake must refer to all the meth involved because that's a nice hit of speed it gets when boosting.

Comment

Working...
                    X