Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 Pairs Dual Core Zen CPU + Vega 3 Graphics @ 12~25 Watts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    All of the Udoo Ryzen V-Series Embedded boards are on backorder. Only the Kickstarters have them at the moment.

https://www.mouser.com/new/udoo/udoo-bolt-board/
    Interesting - I wasn't aware UDOO was making an AMD platform, though it seems a little expensive even compared to Intel alternatives (albeit, it is arguably better than the Intel alternatives). I'm glad to see some diversity in this market segment though.

Comment

Originally posted by lilos View Post
      Lol is this mean we will see coreboot for rysen
      Well...it can't hurt to have more AMD CPU's and APU's being used by firms that support Coreboot and other open source firmware initiatives. After all...you would not have ANY movement on open firmware and open hardware were it not for the work of proponents of Open Source for these preceding years.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
        And then there's the 8 core Navi 10 Gonzalo SoC.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ps5,39039.html
        To further add to your link about the upcoming AMD SoC for the upcoming PS-5 and X-Bone here is a Wired.com article with Mike Cerny, the lead architect of the PS-4 and now the PS-5. He confirms an 8-core 7nm AMD Ryzen Zen 2 with Navi graphics capable of ray tracing and capable of 8k output. More intriguing is the storage. No HDD anymore. It's an SSD. But no mere SSD. Here's a blurb about the as of now secret SSD....

Starting in the fall of 2015, when Cerny first began talking to developers about what they’d want from the next generation, he heard it time and time again: I know it’s impossible, but can we have an SSD?

Solid-state drives have been available in budget laptops for more than a decade, and the Xbox One and PS4 both offer external SSDs that claim to improve load times. But not all SSDs are created alike. As Cerny points out, “I have an SSD in my laptop, and when I want to change from Excel to Word I can wait 15 seconds.” What’s built into Sony’s next-gen console is something a little more specialized.

To demonstrate, Cerny fires up a PS4 Pro playing Spider-Man, a 2018 PS4 exclusive that he worked on alongside Insomniac Games. (He’s not just an systems architect; Cerny created arcade classic Marble Madness when he was all of 19 and was heavily involved with PlayStation and PS2 franchises like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Ratchet and Clank.) On the TV, Spidey stands in a small plaza. Cerny presses a button on the controller, initiating a fast-travel interstitial screen. When Spidey reappears in a totally different spot in Manhattan, 15 seconds have elapsed. Then Cerny does the same thing on a next-gen devkit connected to a different TV. (The devkit, an early “low-speed” version, is concealed in a big silver tower, with no visible componentry.) What took 15 seconds now takes less than one: 0.8 seconds, to be exact.

Perhaps an NVMe on PCI-4.0 ?

Here's the article....

Don't expect it anytime in 2019, but the next PlayStation console is well on its way—and it's packing ray-tracing support and a loadtime-killing solid-state hard drive.

Comment

Working...
        X