Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces 2nd Gen Ryzen PRO Mobile Processors

Phoronix: AMD Announces 2nd Gen Ryzen PRO Mobile Processors

While we are quite looking forward to Ryzen 3000 (Zen 2) desktop processors this summer, for those in the market for AMD mobile processors in business notebooks/laptops, AMD today announced the 2nd Gen Ryzen PRO mobile processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's time for more than four cores in the notebook mainstream/performance segment, too. I hope that AMD will leverage their multi-chip-module approach here as well soon.

Comment

Those are really good numbers for 15w TDP. I don't think I've ever seen an integrated GPU that could go up to 1400Mhz.

Comment

15w Ryzen 2G is great news.

Will these also support PCIe v4? (I will check)

Also want to see how big the package is. If it keeps the same feature offering, (SMT, VT, AVX) this gets it very close to Xeon-D depending on the prices.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
          15w Ryzen 2G is great news.

Will these also support PCIe v4? (I will check)

Also want to see how big the package is. If it keeps the same feature offering, (SMT, VT, AVX) this gets it very close to Xeon-D depending on the prices.
          - These are based on Zen +, not Zen 2. My mistake.,

Comment

I was hoping Ryzen 3xxx were going to be 7nm

Comment

Ryzen 3000 is 7nm. Ryzen mobile is always one step behind. We've known about this for YEARS.

Comment

I hope that we will have more competent designs based on this generation. I would really like to be able to get my next laptop based on AMD tech.

Comment

Originally posted by mskarbek View Post
                  I hope that we will have more competent designs based on this generation. I would really like to be able to get my next laptop based on AMD tech.
                  Well don’t buy from HP. My Ryzen based HP is great in many respects but unfortunately HP is rather pathetic when it comes to BIOS updates. For that one reason I can’t suggest HP to anybody. Performance wise though the Ryzen based machine is really nice. The AMD GPU does wonders in a laptop.

Comment

Micheal, while I’m here I’m sure everybody is wondering if you will be getting a laptop to test? Compatibility with Linux is of course a primary concern.

Comment

Working...
                    X