Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Adds New "Arch13" Processor Support To GCC 9

Phoronix: IBM Adds New "Arch13" Processor Support To GCC 9

GCC 9 is just weeks away from being officially released while today IBM engineers added support for new "arch13" processors to this next compiler update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That should be quite useful if you happen to have a few IBM mainframes lying around. I often wonder if IBM should embrace a hobbyist program, allowing a Hobbyist license for z/OS for people to run it on an emulator in order to increase the base of people who are knowledgable of it. I know a lot of programmers got into Linux on the old 386 they had and started their careers that way.

Comment

Did ESR already manage to port the whole gcc repository from those legacy formats to git?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
        Did ESR already manage to port the whole gcc repository from those legacy formats to git?
        No, he can't, he needs more RAM.

Comment

Those shiny new Intel Xeon SP processors with up to 4.5 TB RAM will get the job done or does he still need more?

Comment

Not enough I am afraid!

Comment

Originally posted by jpg44 View Post
              That should be quite useful if you happen to have a few IBM mainframes lying around. I often wonder if IBM should embrace a hobbyist program, allowing a Hobbyist license for z/OS for people to run it on an emulator in order to increase the base of people who are knowledgable krogerfeedback of it. I know a lot of programmers got into Linux on the old 386 they had and started their careers that way.
              Sorry not familiar with the topic.

Comment

Working...
              X