Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ampere Computing + Packet Roll Out eMAG To The Public Cloud - 32 Cores For $1 Per Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampere Computing + Packet Roll Out eMAG To The Public Cloud - 32 Cores For $1 Per Hour

Phoronix: Ampere Computing + Packet Roll Out eMAG To The Public Cloud - 32 Cores For $1 Per Hour

Ampere Computing and Packet announced on Thursday that eMAG servers will now be available through this public cloud/server provider. The initial configuration allows for 32 Arm cores at 3.3GHz and 128GB of RAM and 480GB of SSD storage for just $1 USD per hour on-demand access. I have run some initial benchmarks from this new compute instance for those interested...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi Michael, would you consider adding a feature to openbenchmarking to directly compare with another system for which a specific test has been done? As in add a button next to the test to "compare this result" and only show systems which actually have the result of the same test available.
    I think this would greatly help people who want for example to rent cloud time for rendering or compute workloads.
    And it's very hit and miss, you can choose to compare a few systems but don't know which tests are available on which systems until you actually compare them and see the one you're actually interested in only shows the results for the initial system.

Comment

Originally posted by xception View Post
      Hi Michael, would you consider adding a feature to openbenchmarking to directly compare with another system for which a specific test has been done? As in add a button next to the test to "compare this result" and only show systems which actually have the result of the same test available.
      I think this would greatly help people who want for example to rent cloud time for rendering or compute workloads.
      And it's very hit and miss, you can choose to compare a few systems but don't know which tests are available on which systems until you actually compare them and see the one you're actually interested in only shows the results for the initial system.
      Yes I Just hate UI design work which is why the OpenBenchmarking.org UI improvements keep getting delayed (and time crunch itself). But hopefully later this year....
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This is excellent. Public cloud compute based on ARM is sorely lacking and with Cavium playing hide and seek with Thunder X2 these days, this is a welcome event.

Comment

Working...
        X