There's Finally A GUI For Manipulating Intel CPU Voltages Under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's Finally A GUI For Manipulating Intel CPU Voltages Under Linux

Phoronix: There's Finally A GUI For Manipulating Intel CPU Voltages Under Linux

On Windows there is no shortage of GUI configuration utilities for tweaking Intel CPUs around overclocking and under-volting, but less so on Linux with no official utility/library. But there is now an unofficial GUI project for manipulating Intel CPU voltages from the Linux desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Terrible UI.
    He should look into GTK over GObject Introspection in Python.

Comment

This is shipping a web browser to provide four sliders...
      At least there's an UI now.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
        This is shipping a web browser to provide four sliders...
        At least there's an UI now.
        It's called "Senior Leading Developer" at Intel The best Intel had to offer! Overpaid, high level engineering, best performance!

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post

It's called "Senior Leading Developer" at Intel The best Intel had to offer! Overpaid, high level engineering, best performance!
          This app is not provided by intel.

Comment

While I don't like Electron, I'm not going to shit on people that actually invested some of their free time to make a working GUI for this stuff.

I would if they were using Java. But they are not, so it's ok for me.

Originally posted by Candy View Post
            It's called "posting bullshit", the best Candy has to offer! Useless, time-wasting, fail trolling!

The guy is NOT from Intel (which is the meaning of "Independent developer Luke Chadwick" you find in the article) and appears to be some kind of web developer, so his choice of shipping a whole fucking browser to make a GUI might come from his skillset, see his github profile https://github.com/lukechadwick

Originally posted by uid313
            He should look into GTK over GObject Introspection in Python.
            He just made the Electron GUI, the python script is from another guy (as clearly stated in the project readme) https://github.com/georgewhewell/undervolt
            Last edited by starshipeleven; 06 February 2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              While I don't like Electron, I'm not going to shit on people that actually invested some of their free time to make a working GUI for this stuff.

I would if they were using Java. But they are not, so it's ok for me.
              I was actually thinking of creating a GUI frontend for this in JavaFX.

Comment

Originally posted by DJViking View Post
                I was actually thinking of creating a GUI frontend for this in JavaFX.
                I'd prefer that any day...as long you're not just using WebView instead of Electron

Comment

I was a little bored and felt like learning Qt so I wrote this in Python:

Buttons don't do anything yet
                  IDK if I will finish it.
                  Last edited by AsuMagic; 06 February 2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Am I the only one looking at that "Enter Root Password" bit in horror?

Comment

Working...
                    X