Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 4.20 To Receive Fix That Prevented Some AMD Raven Ridge Systems From Booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
    Could AMD provide a test suite to OEMs which tries to validate the ACPI CRAT/IVRS/etc. tables? Or is any validation that OEMs do completely independent from AMD specifications?
    The tables are not AMD specific. They are part of the ACPI spec. I'm not sure what sort of validation tools are available off hand. Unfortunately, in a lot of cases, you really need to boot an OS that uses the table to determine whether the data in the tables is correct or not for that specific platform.

Comment

But something must be special about the AMD platform, given that Linux boots and works fine on Lenovo Thinkpad E480 and HP Envy x360 with Intel CPU. The problems with CRAT and IVRS exist only on the Thinkpad E485 and Envy x360 with AMD CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by thxcv View Post
        Well, it is available on mine (HP ENVY 13-ag0000 x360). Can you access the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics at all or is only the Firmware Management not available? Maybe it depends on some Recovery partition that you erased or it really is model specific?
        Also i really do not know how to get the BIOS image other than starting the installer on a windows PC and selection extract image...
        I can access hardware diagnostics, but not the firmware management. Yes, I've created a new partition table before installing Linux.

Comment

Working...
        X