Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8-Way Linux Distribution Benchmarks On The Intel Core i9 9900K - One Distro Wins 67% Of The Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

I agree, and that was the reason I didn't read the article. It was clear to me that Clear Linux would be the title, the title would have been waay better making this explicit.
    How about

One Gaming Console Wins 67% Salles and That Isn't One nor This One or One of Two, But One Who Will Soon Be Above Three
    Last edited by dungeon; 26 October 2018, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mblm View Post
      <i>Processor Details</i>
      <i>Clear Linux 25720: Scaling Governor: intel_pstate performance</i>

All other distributions: <i>Scaling Governor: intel_pstate powersave</i>
      Yes that is each distro's out-of-the-box config.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Oh gee I wonder what that distro is

Comment

Originally posted by zamadatix View Post

clickbait doesn't have to be false, just has to bait you into going to the article because the wording made it sound interesting.
          That is literally the true purpose of a good headline. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by KillYourFM View Post
            That is literally the true purpose of a good headline. Just saying.
            Well Phoronix do benches, so there is a lot of these this VS that expected. So, i wouldn't be surprised if even "Dr. Click-Bait VS Spider-Man" happens here

Comment

Michael Please add Julia benchmarks, noone needs Octave anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                Michael Please add Julia benchmarks, noone needs Octave anymore!
                Not too familiar with Julia, you'd likely need to point out some benchmarks / test scripts if you want it included in PTS.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Not too familiar with Julia, you'd likely need to point out some benchmarks / test scripts if you want it included in PTS.
                  My comment was in general that I don’t see a point in doing Octave benchmarks at all, as someone who cares even just a litte bit about performance in scientific computing would never consider Octave in the first place. Even if you run Octave on a dual Xeon machine with terabytes of RAM, Julia on a Raspberry Pie will burn it to the ground with ease. Here are some numbers to compare: https://julialang.org/benchmarks

Would really be rad if you’re interested in including Julia benchmarks! Here are some, for example:

A collection of Julia benchmarks available for CI tracking from the JuliaLang/julia repository - JuliaCI/BaseBenchmarks.jl

A benchmarking framework for the Julia language. Contribute to JuliaCI/BenchmarkTools.jl development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

It is incredible how Ubuntu can make Debian worst...

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

I agree, and that was the reason I didn't read the article. It was clear to me that Clear Linux would be the title, the title would have been waay better making this explicit.
                      Still doesn't make it clickbait though.

Comment

Working...
                      X