Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODROID Rolling Out New Intel-Powered Single Board Computer After Trying With Ryzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to know how good the NICs are, whether this would make a good firewall "appliance" running opnsense or pfsense or simply linux with iptables.. can you get really high packet rates with small packets for example with stateful inspection and a non-trivial rule set?

Comment

Amazing how just changing CPU ISA gives you

* non-soldered RAM
      * SATA/M.2 storage options
      * tons of ports
      * supported GPU

that are sorely lacking on any ARM SBC.

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
        And it is not about the brand, it is about the performance and what you can do with it. Intel lists the J4105 at 107$, which considering what you are getting for it, is not a good deal by any metric. If the SOC is 107$, the add at least an additional 50$ for the PCB, extra parts and some basic profit margin to justify making the product in the first place, and you are already at 160$.
        Those prices are a fiction. You can get a mini-ITX motherboard with a J4105 for $72.

Buy ASRock J4105B-ITX Intel Celeron Quad-Core Processor J4105 (up to 2.5 GHz) Mini ITX Motherboard / CPU Combo with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post
          Amazing how just changing CPU ISA gives you
          I came to the same conclusion as ODROID, when looking to upgrade my Raspberry Pi media server, a couple years ago. I went with a mini-ITX Apollo Lake board. I wish it had been STX, but none were available. But it's fanless and let me use a SATA 3 SSD at full speed.

Comment

Working...
          X