Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ODROID Rolling Out New Intel-Powered Single Board Computer After Trying With Ryzen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODROID Rolling Out New Intel-Powered Single Board Computer After Trying With Ryzen

Phoronix: ODROID Rolling Out New Intel-Powered Single Board Computer After Trying With Ryzen

While ODROID is most known for their various ARM single board computers (SBCs), some of which offer impressive specs, they have dabbled in x86 SBCs and on Friday announced the Intel-powered ODROID-H2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There are J4105 ITX boards already for about $80 i think, but i guess size matters there or something?

17×17 VS 11x11 cm FIGHT!
    Last edited by dungeon; 20 October 2018, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Frankly any PC that small should come with a case... just buy a gigabyte brix instead? I wonder if it would be possible to design a board with a socket at that size... then an athlon 200GE would work..

Comment

Now, create NAS-like case, and this would sell well... Having Linux powered NAS with OS on m.2 SSD and two spinning mirrored drives for data. Would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
          Frankly any PC that small should come with a case... just buy a gigabyte brix instead? I wonder if it would be possible to design a board with a socket at that size... then an athlon 200GE would work..
          Athlon 200GE is big and is for AM4 socket, for smaller one can only consider FP5 socket for mobile/embedded:

http://www.cpu-world.com/Related_CPU..._FP5__Zen.html

So some of these, particulary these with 15W TDP also took it down to 12W cTDP and then that could be easely passively cooled

I guess 100 grams of artifical aluminium creation should be enogh
          Last edited by dungeon; 20 October 2018, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Athlon 200GE is big and is for AM4 socket, for smaller one can only consider FP5 socket for mobile/embedded:

http://www.cpu-world.com/Related_CPU..._FP5__Zen.html

So some of these, particulary these with 15W TDP also took it down to 12W cTDP and then that could be easely passively cooled
            AN FP5 footprint isn't that much smaller than AM4... mostly to shring the board you would just use a smaller power stage. The real question is could a G series desktop chip forgo the usage of a chipset and act as a SoC just like mobile raven ridge... it's the same die after all.

Comment

Yeah, but you need big chunk so half kilo of aluminium to cool down 35W and that is the problem There is none less TDP processors for AM4 than 35W.
              Last edited by dungeon; 20 October 2018, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Yeah, but you need big chunk so half kilo of aluminium to cool down 35W and that is the problem There is none less TDP processors for AM4 than 35W.
                A low profile noctua cooler would be fine... I have on of these on my 1700x on an ITX board and it does fine. 65 or even 100W doesn't need a huge heatsink... as long as you don't OC. GPUs have huge heatsinks as they are sunking 2-400Watts.

Comment

If you are fine with vents, that is another story.

Comment

But even a passive heatsink like this one needs vents for convection...

Comment

Working...
                    X