• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    A variety of Linux-native games were carried out for this comparison usint the Phoronix Test Suite.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    Michael

Good tests but lack of 1080p tests ?

And you have i7 9700K and i5 9600K ?, without forget add benchmarks oc at 5.0ghz

Thanks
    I have no 9600K or 9700K at this point, that's why there are no tests.

Leave a comment:

• Maslou
    replied
    Originally posted by michael View Post

as written in the article: "not focused in this round of testing are any steam play / proton / wine games but those tests will be coming soon now that steam play / dxvk has matured enough and should begin handling some of the more graphically interesting and benchmark-friendly windows games."

dxvk is at least handling more modern games but now a matter of which ones can be automated/scripted nicely for benchmarking.
    teso, wsh, quake champion, tw3.

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    Michael

Good tests but lack of 1080p tests ?

And you have i7 9700K and i5 9600K ?, without forget add benchmarks oc at 5.0ghz

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by yokem55 View Post
    Maybe in a future review, a look at some Wine/Proton and DXVK tests? It would be interesting to see how well different CPU's handle the overhead of the API translation.
    As written in the article: "Not focused in this round of testing are any Steam Play / Proton / Wine games but those tests will be coming soon now that Steam Play / DXVK has matured enough and should begin handling some of the more graphically interesting and benchmark-friendly Windows games."

DXVK is at least handling more modern games but now a matter of which ones can be automated/scripted nicely for benchmarking.

Leave a comment:

• yokem55
    replied
    Maybe in a future review, a look at some Wine/Proton and DXVK tests? It would be interesting to see how well different CPU's handle the overhead of the API translation.

Leave a comment:

• Intel Core i9 9900K vs. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Core i9 9900K vs. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Linux Gaming Benchmarks

Complementing the just-published Intel Core i9 9900K Linux benchmarks with the launch-day embargo lift are the Linux gaming benchmarks... This article is looking at the Linux performance between the Core i9 9900K and AMD's Ryzen 7 2700X in a variety of native Linux games as well as comparing the performance-per-Watt. So if you are a Linux gamer and deciding between these sub-$500 processors, this article is for you.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=26995
Working...
X