No announcement yet.

A Look At Linux Application Scaling Up To 128 Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Would it make sense to do some 1920 x 1080 h.264 encoding benchmarks ? They seems to be missing most of the time from 7601 benchmarks. Video encoding is one of the most demanding workloads for both home and enterprise (for example a tv broadcast house), so I surely would like to see them always included in every multicore benchmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

AMD sent it out, not Dell.
      Thank you AMD, then.
      Thank you bridgman, you didn't forgett it...

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Thank you AMD, then.
        Thank you bridgman, you didn't forgett it...
        Not sure if Bridgman played a role, but I'm told it was some VP heard I didn't have a dual EPYC server but figured I needed one for testing given all of my Linux benchmarking.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

@Michael:
          Now, with M.2 and/or Intel Optane 800p/900p 'disks' for _real_ server comparisons with the 'others'...

Comment

Not sure if Bridgman played a role, but I'm told it was some VP heard I didn't have a dual EPYC server but figured I needed one for testing given all of my Linux benchmarking.
            GREAT to hear! -- And BIG compliment for _your_ GREAT (Linux) support!

All I 'know', Bridgman was 'all time' involved (worked on it). 'cause I hammered on him...;-)
            Last edited by nuetzel; 14 October 2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

In this case I passed along a reminder that it would be good to get a dual-Epyc system that Michael could use, but someone else had already noticed and gotten the discussion going.
              Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X