The Current Linux Performance With 16 ARM Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
    New amlogic s922x has four Arm Cortex A73 cores and two Cortex A53 cores, and a Mali-G52 MP4 GPU.
    https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/09...rds-android-9/
    That looks decent.

According to https://www.anandtech.com/show/12501...y-and-video-ip

it looks like a MP4 implementation should be good for about 163.2 GFLOPS @ 850 MHz. And since it has int8 dot product, I think that means 435.2 GOPS of inferencing performance. For a hobbyist SBC, that would be quite respectable.

Comment

Speaking of AI, it would be interesting to see some benchmarks on this:

Industrial use and capable of enabling next-generation industrial automation and AI solutions. Wide range of AI Acceleration modules in mPCIe, M.2 2280 and PCIe[x4] form factorPowerful, Industrial, AI-Proof and expendable to scale upPre-installed software package includes Ubuntu and Intel Edge Insi

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post
        I ended up purchasing a Lattepanda Delta 432...
        Hey, have you received your board yet? Have you gotten Linux to run on it?

Comment

Originally posted by OMTDesign View Post
          Lattepanda officially announced that Intel's N4100 chips are out of supply for the next 2-3 months, so the delivery date for the Delta boards delayed by 2-3 months.
          Customers were given an option to keep the order, cancel it or upgrade to an Alpha model, which are shipping out already.

Comment

Originally posted by OMTDesign View Post
            Now according to their website, they pushed back the shipping date from Sep 2018 to Feb 2019.
            Apart from that, there is no reason Linux wouldn't run on the Lattepanda boards. x86 hardware is more standardized than ARM and vendors don't need to support each board seperately within the Linux driver tree.

Comment

Now according to their website, they pushed back the shipping date from Sep 2018 to Feb 2019.
              That's always sad to hear.

Apart from that, there is no reason Linux wouldn't run on the Lattepanda boards. x86 hardware is more standardized than ARM and vendors don't need to support each board seperately within the Linux driver tree.
              I'm not sure why either, but from what I read in their Docs, they have only provided a Linux compatible BIOS for the 2gb version of their board (http://docs.lattepanda.com/content/OS/Win10HomeAndLTSB/). I haven't read much further into Lattepanda boards.

Comment

Hey Michael,
                I see Zstandard listed on page 3 : "In workloads that aren't multi-threaded, ...

Do you know you can use Zstandard for multithreading benchmark too ?

Just add the `-T0` command, which will automatically spawn as many threads as there are cores (well, if there is enough data to feed all those threads ....).

In my last test, zstd was ramping up quite nicely with nb of ARM cores.
                And I would love to see numbers on all these new boards.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
                  LoveRPi, what do you mean the C2 is 20% overclocked as compared to the Le Potato board? The stock clock speed for the HardKernel Ubuntu distro is 1.536GHz while the Le Potato claims 1.512GHz. That doesn't seem to be 20%.
                  From my test results, it looks as if Hardkernel has firmware running somewhere between 1536-1584. I do have some concerns about the numbers since the CPU governor is performance for ODROID-C2 and on-demand for Le Potato. In addition Le Potato was built for armhf for some reason and C2 was built for aarch64. I will rerun the numbers on my unit and put the results here. If it comes out dramatically different, I will work with Michael to figure out the issue.
                  Last edited by LoveRPi; 15 January 2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I ran the benchmarks and got these results: https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...L-S905X-CC+2GB
                    Wildly different results than what Michael got. I will check with him next time when he does a new review. Something is funny with that image he is using if it is building for armhf.

Comment

Working...
                    X