Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edwaleni
    replied
    I think Michael conditioned the article with saying he was establishing a new set of baselines for ARM 4.19. This wasn't meant to represent a collection of the latest, just a collection of ARM type SBC's for testing with the mainline kernel.

If someone would like to purchase a set of the latest and greatest SBC's and send them to him, or at a minimum provide shell access to one you have that isn't on the list, then I am sure he can include it.

The Dragonboard 820c is $199 from Arrow. (out of stock) This is somewhat comparable to several Intel based SBC's from Lattepanda and Up!.

I can't see Qualcomm pricing any of their product for Raspberry Pi level of inclusion.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typos:

"the Tinker Board was delivering the best value/"

"with a Rokchip RK3288 SoC,"

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by coder111 View Post
    All those Mali GPUs though- not having open-source drivers sucks. I'll stick to RPI3B for now just for this reason. How are Lima & Panfrost doing these days?

Another thing I'd like to see is SATA & ECC support. But that would probably go out of cheap enthusiast and into professional high-cost territory.
    To my knowledge, the Jetson boards involve mostly open-source drivers. You could also get a board with PCIe support and just use a desktop GPU too.

Also, there are several affordable boards out there that support at least 1 SATA port. Off the top of my head, there's:
    * Various Cubie Boards
    * A few platforms based on i.MX6 (probably i.MX8 too)
    * Arndale Board
    * Odroid HC1

And yes, ECC isn't something you're going to find in enthusiast boards.

Leave a comment:

• coder111
    replied
    Dragonboard is quite expensive.

Pine RockPro64 & ODroid XU4 look quite cool. It would be interesting to see the numbers on Phoronix. Hmm, I wonder if just hassling them for a sample would do the trick?

All those Mali GPUs though- not having open-source drivers sucks. I'll stick to RPI3B for now just for this reason. How are Lima & Panfrost doing these days?

Another thing I'd like to see is SATA & ECC support. But that would probably go out of cheap enthusiast and into professional high-cost territory.

Originally posted by Degra View Post
    This...

Leave a comment:

• Degra
    replied
    Originally posted by coder111 View Post
    Or is it that Michael has some older hardware and was unable to get his hands on more recent stuff? What are most popular/fastest recent SBCs glaringly missing from this benchmark?
    This.
    RockPRO64 if you want an SBC representing RK3399's performance.
    PINE64 is a large, vibrant and diverse community and creates software, documentation and projects.

If you want some ARM-high end, Qualcomm also entered the SBC market with their own SBC: (Dragonboard 820C)
    https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardw...agonboard-820c
    Or a Samsung-chip powered SBC, like this one: (Odroid XU4)
    https://www.hardkernel.com/main/prod...=G143452239825
    Huawei's HiSilicon based SBC:
    Last edited by Degra; 17 September 2018, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• coder111
    replied
    A bit outdated is the outlook I get from this article. I mean, Raspberry PI 3B was released in 2016, 3B+ is pretty similar performance wise. Asus Tinkerboard is nice newish (2017) development but it relies on Rockchip from 2014. Odroid-C2 is from 2016. Has there been nothing new and noteworthy in SBC development over last 2 years? I know mobile ARM CPUs are growing leaps and bounds. Is any of that progress making its way into SBCs?

Or is it that Michael has some older hardware and was unable to get his hands on more recent stuff? What are most popular/fastest recent SBCs glaringly missing from this benchmark?

Leave a comment:

• Degra
    replied
    Nice benchmark, although I was hoping an SBC with the RK3399 would make it in.
    In the current SBC-gen, the RK3399 chip is extremely successful and many SBC manufacturers got one to offer.

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Seems if you take the Jetson boards out of the mix, the C2 is overall the best performer. That's somewhat surprising to me, considering it isn't the best ODROID platform out there.
    Apart from the Nvidia SBCs, this isn't exactly the latest SBC line-up.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Seems if you take the Jetson boards out of the mix, the C2 is overall the best performer. That's somewhat surprising to me, considering it isn't the best ODROID platform out there.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic The Current Linux Performance With 16 ARM Boards

The Current Linux Performance With 16 ARM Boards

Phoronix: The Current Linux Performance With 16 ARM Boards

Last week I provided a fresh look at the latest Linux performance on 22 Intel/AMD systems while for kicking off the benchmarking this week is a look at the current Linux performance on sixteen different ARM single board computers / developer boards from low-end to high-end.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X