AMD Announces The Athlon 200GE With Vega 3 Graphics, 2nd Gen Ryzen/Athlon PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    That's not the meaning of the "security" used there. It means usually that the platform can be locked down more/better or even remotely managed/wiped by the IT department, unlike consumer hardware.
    Hmmm, didn't that blow up rather nastily in Intel's face with it's management engine ?

Comment

Originally posted by squash View Post
      There are lots of choices if you're willing to compromise. The compromise I made this year was the same one I made last year, buying intel. Maybe next year I'll have better choices, if AMD and their partners make an effort.
      Do you upgrade processors so often?

Comment

Boards with the embedded version of the Ryzen APU like the one from Sapphire or the Udoo one are neat but lack the connectivity I need (no I don't need to be able to drive 4x 4k screens so I don't need 4 Displayports).
        What kind of connectivity you need? You have also iBase MI988 with Ryzen embedded, that have only one HDMI and one DP, but four RS-232 instead, four USB 3.1, two LANs, two SATA, PCI-E, etc...

https://www.ibase.com.tw/english/Pro...omputing/MI988

It is hard to impossible to match with connectors really everybody, just somebody Especially when format is smaller, this one is Mini-ITX, Sapphire FS-FP5V is Mini-STX and Udoo Bolt is even smaller Nano-ITX.
        Last edited by dungeon; 06 September 2018, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squash View Post
          Still waiting for Ryzen GE series to appear in consumer devices.. I was pretty sure Zotac would deliver a Zbox with it but it's still basically unobtanium despite having launched in April. https://www.anandtech.com/show/12675...00ge-35-w-apus

Power consumption is a critical point for me, and AMD isn't really a player in that space right now.
          While Intel has been outing low cost and low power processors with less than 10W TDP over the years with their Bay Trail, Cherry Trail, Braswell, Apollo

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
            Hmmm, didn't that blow up rather nastily in Intel's face with it's management engine ?
            Did it? Because apart from some vocal minority none gives a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

What kind of connectivity you need? You have also iBase MI988 with Ryzen embedded, that have only one HDMI and one DP, but four RS-232 instead, four USB 3.1, two LANs, two SATA, PCI-E, etc...

https://www.ibase.com.tw/english/Pro...omputing/MI988

It is hard to impossible to match with connectors really everybody, just somebody Especially when format is smaller, this one is Mini-ITX, Sapphire FS-FP5V is Mini-STX and Udoo Bolt is even smaller Nano-ITX.
              That's much better, it has the connectivity I'd like to get.

The main issue is that it's only available for B2B, and I'm not a company.

Comment

Did it? Because apart from some vocal minority none gives a shit.
                I see the piles are still bothering you.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
                  I see the piles are still bothering you.
                  For the record, I'm part of the vocal minority. But I'm not blind, end users or even managers don't usually care.

Comment

That's much better, it has the connectivity I'd like to get.
                    Of course it is "better", but this Ibase Mini-ITX recommends 150W power adaptor, while Udoo Bolt Nano-ITX comes with 65W adaptor... it is designed to never exceed certain power levels, thus also there are lack of some connectors

Some Ryzen embedded APUs have cTDP of 35 W to 54 W, while others are 12W to 25W... if it is set on 12W, that would never exceed 30W for entire machine on full load, etc....
                    Last edited by dungeon; 06 September 2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post

Do you upgrade processors so often?
                      Yes, thanks for asking.

Comment

Working...
                      X