No announcement yet.

ROC-RK3328-CC: A Raspberry Pi Competitor With Gigabit Ethernet, USB3, DDR4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without built-in WiFI? yeah thanks I'll pass.

Comment

I wonder if it is compatible with the Pi-Top.

It's kind of a shame that this product has to be one of the very few ARM options with more than 2GB.

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
        Does anybody know of a reasonably priced micro computer with good , prefereably open source Vulkan support ?
        Pico-ITX, Nano-ITX, thin mini-ITX and mini-ITX boards with Intel or AMD CPUs. There is a sizable list to choose from under $100. Got several recently, including few custom from aliexpress and I intend to benchmark them vs RPI 3 and Odroid XU4. Plus run them with dGPU on those with PCIe connector.

Comment

Comparing a 25W+ x86 board to a 5W ARM board makes no sense. When you throw in CPU, motherboard, RAM, and power supply, it is at least double the cost. I do not see why you would mention tht here.

Comment

I've got a Tinkerboard and that thing runs circles around even the latest Raspberry Pi 3B+. This board seems to be about the same speed as a Raspberry Pi while affording Gigabit Ethernet.

I personally prefer the Tinkerboard for a few dollars more.

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
              Does anybody know of a reasonably priced micro computer with good , prefereably open source Vulkan support ?
              Most reasonable of ARM to me is Asus Tinker Board (RK3288), on X86 most reasonable is something around AMD Ryzen APU embedded (V1605B).

This kikstarted UDOO BOLT in nano-itx format sound interesting for example:

I mean in my definition of reasonable Chips are reasonable new, RK3288 is not fastest ARM, but also not the slowest. Also V1605B is not slowest, but also not fastest... so these can't be cheapest, but also price can't be unreasonable too

Maybe AMD will do some succesor of AM1 next year with some APU like that, so price could be maded even lower
              Last edited by dungeon; 04 September 2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                This kikstarted UDOO sound interesting for example:
                Nice! Hadn't seen this one. Would definitely have backed it if I'd seen it earlier.

Comment

Like the low power SFF boards on the market, these are great for embedded applications like kiosks, signage, SOHO network appliances, music servers/players, retro game emulation, etc. Also useful as a low cost educational tool. CPU benchmarks are interesting, but absolute compute power is not really that important in these applications. I think I'd be more interested in seeing a comparison of network throughput, USB throughput, and environmentals like temperature and power consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveRPi View Post
                    Comparing a 25W+ x86 board to a 5W ARM board makes no sense.
                    It does make sense when a) ARM board doesn't fulfill your requirements and you can't use it without absurd compromises, b) you use Intel low power 1-5W TDP "tablet" CPUs.

Originally posted by LoveRPi View Post
                    When you throw in CPU, motherboard, RAM, and power supply, it is at least double the cost. I do not see why you would mention tht here.
                    Those tablet-alike and low end desktop CPUs like J1900 are sold as integrated boards so under $100 you can get everything aside of power supply similar to what RPi needs, and eMMC storage if you aren't opting for SATA based storage at additional cost... and if you want more and more features than ARM can provide then additional cost is something to be expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by simburde View Post

Does it even exist? The most close to your requirements would be some Intel-based mini PC.
                      Rockpro64 should have Vulkan 1.0 support based on the arm page.

Comment

Working...
                      X