Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Global Switch To Kill Linux's CPU Spectre/Meltdown Workarounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birdie
    replied
    This is how you do it properly (obviously you've never had any manners, so the concept must be totally alien to you):

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    You keep behaving like the worst possible scum RussianNeuroMancer - no one has granted you the permission to quote private correspondence and that's exactly what you did along with trying to unsuccessfully discredit me. In fact in certain countries of the world leaking of private correspondence is considered a misdemeanor or even a crime. Luckily people here are above your lame shenanigans.

If you have any resemblance of common sense and conscience it would be prudent to delete your last two posts in this thread because most people will be extremely disgusted by what you're doing but it's really up to you. However it surely looks like something is wrong with you you, so you can as well keep everything intact.

I'm personally quite entertained. Keep it going!

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by chithanh View Post
    Good riddance, there was no contribution of value from you anyway.
    Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
    You're just the rude guy on a technical forum insulting people and making illogical claims (the the bold claim quoted above).
    Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post
    there was a real opportunity of having a productive discussion to expand our perspective on both sides of the coin
    This is how Artem would talk with you guys if he would answer via PM:

(image backup)

Cleaned up Google Translate:

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Dedicated to asshole

I do not hide my name and nickname (https://github.com/birdie-github - oh, my god, my name is there; https://www.linux.org.ru/people/birdie/profile oh, my god , my name is there, and at least a dozen forums where the birdie = my name), and doxing, which you unsuccessfully took - the most filthy and low, what a person in the net is capable of.

Shit under yourself further - you are doing very well; just do not delete that comment: let everyone see what shit you are.

And if the list you are pointing at is such a mess, then write a refutation. Just do not crap yourself, because that's what you do.
    Doxing is impossible (by definition) if your name is below list I linked to, but this is probably too difficult concept for you.

I just inform people so they don't waste their time.
    Last edited by RussianNeuroMancer; 30 August 2018, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    I concede that I was overly aggressive, insulting and harsh in this topic but when people with zero security/IT background keep talking nonsense, yet have the insolence to argue with your factual reasoning, I lose temper and start calling names.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    The sad thing is, that although he was wrong about that point I corrected, He's probably right about many other things. He seems like he might be knowledgeable. He's just unnecessarily verbally aggressive and can't handle it at all when he is wrong about something. He could be helping people understand stuff better if he got over those things.

We all get things wrong. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just make your corrections, learn and move on.
    Exactly. Aside from the insults clouding our judgment, there was a real opportunity of having a productive discussion to expand our perspective on both sides of the coin. It's easy to forget that insults tend to prompt an emotional response rather than a logical one, so for that reason I'm discontinuing my participation in this thread before we take it too far. My previous comment was close enough and I'd rather not continue on that path.
    Guys, in case you missed this, birdie is Artem Tashkinov who host list of outdate insults against GNU/Linux and FOSS community. He is, you know, this kind of person.

Leave a comment:

• Djhg2000
    replied

The sad thing is, that although he was wrong about that point I corrected, He's probably right about many other things. He seems like he might be knowledgeable. He's just unnecessarily verbally aggressive and can't handle it at all when he is wrong about something. He could be helping people understand stuff better if he got over those things.

We all get things wrong. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just make your corrections, learn and move on.
    Exactly. Aside from the insults clouding our judgment, there was a real opportunity of having a productive discussion to expand our perspective on both sides of the coin. It's easy to forget that insults tend to prompt an emotional response rather than a logical one, so for that reason I'm discontinuing my participation in this thread before we take it too far. My previous comment was close enough and I'd rather not continue on that path.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by mmstick View Post

Actually, most games are limited by the CPU, and usually because the game does not take advantage of as many threads as it could.
    No, most games are certainly not, some are. But since "limited" can mean any amount of performance you have a lot of room for demagogy. Go ahead and disable retpoline and compare the numbers, if you don't fake them you'll be surprised at the pathetic difference in game performance.

Leave a comment:

• cybertraveler
    replied

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." —Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

Last edited by cybertraveler; 28 August 2018, 07:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Djhg2000
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    I've accidentally blacklisted you and I will no longer see your posts, cybertraveler I can't argue with people who keep spewing BS.
    "When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." —Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    I've accidentally blacklisted you and I will no longer see your posts, cybertraveler I can't argue with people who keep spewing BS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X