QEMU 3.0 Brings Spectre V4 Mitigation, OpenGL ES Support In SDL Front-End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 3.0 Brings Spectre V4 Mitigation, OpenGL ES Support In SDL Front-End

Phoronix: QEMU 3.0 Brings Spectre V4 Mitigation, OpenGL ES Support In SDL Front-End

QEMU 3.0 is now officially available. This big version bump isn't due to some compatibility-breaking changes, but rather to simplify their versioning and begin doing major version bumps on an annual basis. As an added bonus, QEMU 3.0 comes at a time of the project marking its 15th year in existence...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last time I checked QEMU still had a broken keyboard implementation when dealing with DPMI (i.e via cwsdpmi.exe) running in MS-DOS / PC-DOS, etc.

(i.e https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1574246)

Not that anyone uses DOS anymore but I am hoping they will be filling in the gaps to keep legacy software working (you know, the main reason why a lot of people use emulation in the first place). It can't all be glitz and glamour running cloud software

Comment

Hopefully Debian's qemu with virgl support is coming soon!

Comment

Is it just me or is this "time-based version bumping" really starting to get on my nerves these days?

Version numbers used to mean something in the past. It was valuable information because it was tied to something. Now you might as well just look at the release date, because it says the exact same information.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
          Last time I checked QEMU still had a broken keyboard implementation when dealing with DPMI (i.e via cwsdpmi.exe) running in MS-DOS / PC-DOS, etc.

(i.e https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1574246)

Not that anyone uses DOS anymore but I am hoping they will be filling in the gaps to keep legacy software working (you know, the main reason why a lot of people use emulation in the first place). It can't all be glitz and glamour running cloud software
          Most people use virtualization to earn money. It's definitely not developed to please gamers and retro freaks - but it's a nice side effect.

Comment

Working...
          X