Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 4.18 Supports The Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 & DT For NES Classic Edition, Steam Link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.18 Supports The Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 & DT For NES Classic Edition, Steam Link

Phoronix: Linux 4.18 Supports The Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 & DT For NES Classic Edition, Steam Link

The ARM SoC/platform changes have been submitted and already pulled into the merge window for the Linux 4.18 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...M-SoC-Platform

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Ninteno NES / SuperNES Classic Addition based on the Allwinner A33 now has board support for the Linux kernel.

Comment

There is no word yet on merging patches for the Nintendo Switch or even the old playstation patches from fail0verflow and others, is there?

Qualcomm SoCs are nice to see , but how about the other vendors like Samsung Exynos or HiSlicons Kirin Platform or that Mediatek Chips that Asian vendors love ?
      Do they feel enough pressure yet to work on mainline support or at least a few dedicated community developers?
      Last edited by bemerk; 06-12-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Does the Qualcomm 845 SoC support mean you could run ARM Linux distros on those phones(dual-boot perhaps?) The phone hardware is getting to a point that with some USB-C hub or wireless keyboard/mouse and display connection, it could be alright for light weight laptop like usage.

I've got a Kirin 970 in my phone atm, and the Huawei software lets you plug a USB-C to HDMI plug into a monitor to get desktop like kind of functionality(perhaps more Chrome OS / tablet like.. the touchscreen provides mouse/keyboard control. I know Samsung has similar offering with it's DEX dock, but neither let you run a bunch of useful apps I'd get on usual Linux distro instead of Android. Eg, if I want to use Atom or similar for writing code, and compiling Rust.

Comment

PostMarketOS boots Linux on a variety of Cellphones these days and support is constantly getting better.

Comment

Working...
          X