X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holograph
    replied
    Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
    oh wow ... what the ... so nobody bothered to fix this for a few years ...
    Yeah, this is WTF. Probably affects power efficiency a lot too, which is unacceptable. Shame.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    I remember some time ago Intel APUs had surpassed Kavery on OpenGL tests. I'm curious to see if the situation remain the same. Especially that i7 5775C with the Iris GPU.
    That was just the Iris Pro parts though (eg 5775C), wasn't it ?

Originally posted by humbug View Post
    Now that dc has been made the default will we be making amdgpu the default kernel driver for gcn 1.1 GPUs?
    It's about time.
    Actually DC was temporarily made NOT the default for amdgpu on GCN 1.1 due to startup problems with VGA and LVDS displays, so making amdgpu the default will need to wait until the VGA/LVDS issues are figured out and DC can be re-enabled as default.

Leave a comment:

• humbug
    replied
    Now that dc has been made the default will we be making amdgpu the default kernel driver for gcn 1.1 GPUs?
    It's about time.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    I remember some time ago Intel APUs had surpassed Kavery on OpenGL tests. I'm curious to see if the situation remain the same. Especially that i7 5775C with the Iris GPU.
    At this point, Kaveri-based A10s (maybe even the A8s) would likely outperform Intel's lineup, except the Iris Pro. I'm not sure about the A12.

Leave a comment:

• haplo602
    replied
    oh wow ... what the ... so nobody bothered to fix this for a few years ...

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    given the rendr back-end change,
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    For those curious about the Vulkan versus OpenGL performanceo n the A10-7870K

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• edwaleni
    replied
    Would this change improve rendering using OpenCL?

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    Originally posted by Namenlos View Post
    Are there any news on UVD support on GCN 1.0? That is the thing I am missing the most sadly with Linux I have to choose from hardware video acceleration and Vulkan support.
    There's no UVD for x265 or VP anyway, so pick Vulkan

Leave a comment:

• Namenlos
    replied
    Are there any news on UVD support on GCN 1.0? That is the thing I am missing the most sadly with Linux I have to choose from hardware video acceleration and Vulkan support.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X