Linux 4.16.6 Brings Correct AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Temperature Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.16.6 Brings Correct AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Temperature Monitoring

Phoronix: Linux 4.16.6 Brings Correct AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Temperature Monitoring

The Linux 4.16.6 kernel was released on Sunday and besides various other fixes, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X corrected temperature reporting is among the changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Redundancy:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    the package temperature reporting for the Ryzen 2700X should now be fixed for the new Ryzen 7 2700X processor.

Comment

financed by YT videos, you are welcome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfyMLMN4is

Comment

Thanks to Guenter Roeck for the fix.

Comment

Why is it so difficult to build a pretty little sensor that just gives you the real temperature value in °C without adding or subtracting offsets or depending on obscure register bits?

Comment

This is good news, don't get me wrong. But if only they could have applied the same haste at applying fixes for the cpu temperature monitoring of Steamroller APUs.... Going on 4 years and still my Kaveri [and Godaveri] APUs CPU temps are still not reporting correctly. I've got some hacks to get an idea of where the temperature is, but there's no confidence in it at all. Pretty disappointing.

Comment

Working...
            X