No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X + Ryzen 7 2700X Linux Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really impressive results. I'd buy one right away. And that yum-yum L2 cache latency reduction of 34% over the old Ryzen.
    But RAM prices are much too high. I'm not paying 4 times what I paid for RAM seven years ago.

Comment

Windows reviews also show the 8700k consistently using more power under different loads, despite having only 6 cores.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
        As for the overclocking, no need to test that as it's outside of Phononix' scope and done by loads of other outlets.
        These should do about 4.25GHz from what I've seen, so about 300MHz more than first gen Ryzen.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I haven't had any freezing issues at all.
          Did you make any tests with X370 motherboards for that purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

After having run the new Ryzen 2700x several hours on a x370 boards with the latest BIOS revision, I sometimes get the following MCE hardware faults:
            Code:
            mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
            [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
            [Hardware Error]: CPU:9 (17:8:2) MC3_STATUS[-|CE|MiscV|-|-|-|-|SyndV|-]: 0x9820000000000150
            [Hardware Error]: IPID: 0x000300b000000000, Syndrome: 0x000000002a000503
            [Hardware Error]: Decode Unit Extended Error Code: 0
            [Hardware Error]: Decode Unit Error: uop cache tag parity error.
            [Hardware Error]: cache level: RESV, tx: INSN, mem-tx: IRD
            Out of all the times it has happened so far, only the third line varies between that one and
            Code:
            [Hardware Error]: CPU:9 (17:8:2) MC3_STATUS[Over|CE|MiscV|-|-|-|-|SyndV|-]: 0xd820000000000150
            Nothing but that varies. Perhaps it's just a faulty chip or some kind of issue that has yet to be fixed in microcode.

The x370 board is the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon, and the BIOS revision is 7A32v1F.
            But like you, I'm interesting in hearing others experience with such boards

Comment

What is good is these AMD chips come with a decent cooler (for the SKU) included. I don't think that every Intel SKU includes that, so that cost has to be factored in as well.

It seems that AMD have some work to do on their CPU power consumption on Linux, there must be some room for tweaking things.

Comment

Personally getting MCE hardware errors on an up-to-date x370 motherboard with the 2700x, similar to ones reported by people who got a replacement chip due to the segfault issue. Could be the chip is indeed faulty, or if it's a hardware compatibility issue that has yet to be ironed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kover View Post

Personally getting MCE hardware errors on an up-to-date x370 motherboard with the 2700x, similar to ones reported by people who got a replacement chip due to the segfault issue. Could be the chip is indeed faulty, or if it's a hardware compatibility issue that has yet to be ironed out.
                  Before replacement I saw few MCE errors, after replecement I haven't seen any , but Im not looking for them in fact ( I have 1700X)

Comment

Originally posted by Kover View Post

After having run the new Ryzen 2700x several hours on a x370 boards with the latest BIOS revision, I sometimes get the following MCE hardware faults:
                    Code:
                    [Hardware Error]: Corrected error, no action required.
                    Does it recover after that, or freezes the CPU?

Comment

What about freeze on idle? Is it fixed in new Ryzens?
                      I have a Ryzen, and it has never fr...

Comment

Working...
                      X