The Ryzen 5 2600X & Ryzen 7 2700X - Coming Soon To Linux Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercyful Fate View Post
    But personally I will no longer be the first in line to purchase a newly released product from ANY company.
    I agree. Looking forward to my new Ryzen PC in 2025 I'm not even joking.

Comment

I think the 2700X will kill my 1800X in gaming, individual core turbo and memory latency improvements is a big win. I can't wait for over-clocking reviews!

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post

Isn't that unofficial info? I'm still curious to see if it's fixed in this next iteration.

If I got this one right, you can never completely fix spectre in software, as you would have to patch all the software in the world. All cloud computing has to migrate to ARM A53. Correct me if I'm wrong.
        1. AMD never explained in public what caused segfault bug but if you have CPU newer than UA1725 you would have to be unlucky to get it (there were such cases but those were from Malaysia). If CPU is newer than UA1740 it is extremely unlikely.

2. Latest AGESA PinnaclePI-1.0.0.2a fixes spectre v2 at CPU level via microcode (8001137).

Comment

Originally posted by Pentarctagon View Post
          then it also doesn't make sense to keep buying hardware from that company, regardless of whether the fault is directly X's fault or the fault of some other manufacturer in the middle.
          If the fault is some manufacturer in the middle supplying the same low quality components for Intel and AMD, what makes you think your experience on Intel will be any better than AMD?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            My Ryzen 3 2200G consumes 30 watt with a b350 chipset, for a media center I would like to get this down.
            Well these 30W are expected:

So, it is like 30W idle, 35W when playing hardware decoded videos, 75W on CPU stress, netsurf spikes somewhere in the middle, and about 90W on gaming. Now that is only benchmarking for these interested to see where spikes are, how much things could be pushed, while actual gaming should use less if you cap your framerate, etc... Probably spikes at about 150W or a lot more if you OC and connect every possible gadgets to every possible hole and do all stress tests in the same time, but that is just kind of simulated out of lab platform stability test which does not happen in practice All that is pretty much also expected from unlocked Desktop class APU.

BTW, for media center you can set APU at 45W mode instead of default 65W mode, that might squeeze down idle a bit too. Also in bios disable anything on board that you don't use, etc...
            Last edited by dungeon; 13 April 2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

From the 11% RAM speed increase, ~10% base/boost clock increases, and possibly certain IPC increases, we might be looking at ~20% performance increases from Ryzen 7 1700 vs 2700. Wondering about PCI-E lanes with the new processors/chipsets too. Two NVMe slots on a midrange AM4 board would be nice.
              Last edited by audir8; 13 April 2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                I'm very much interested in the power measurements of the new x470 chipsets. Hope they are more efficient when idle. My Ryzen 3 2200G consumes 30 watt with a b350 chipset, for a media center I would like to get this down.
                It might be lower with different boards.

At least with Intel you could find boards that used up to 20 more watts for nothing (more or less same features).

Comment

@audi100quattro

Where did you saw 10% RAM increase?

Comment

Originally posted by Anty View Post
                    @audi100quattro

Where did you saw 10% RAM increase?
                    "Both of these new Ryzen 7 2600/2700 series parts feature native dual-channel DDR4-2933MHz support, an upgrade from DDR4-2667 with the Ryzen 1000 series."

Comment

You are talking about paper spec. I'm talking about real life changes.

Comment

Working...
                      X