Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
    Hmm... China or Trump/NRA

Not as easy a choice as it was during the Cold War...
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste. Sounds like you should take a few history classes and get educated. The NRA is probably the most important human rights organization in the US today. Yes, me, my wife, and my kids are all lifetime members.

Originally posted by OneBitUser View Post
    Lastly, I sure as hell do not want the Chinese mentality to take a foothold on the global market.
    Chinese companies will follow in Apple's footsteps, not Red Hat's... they will want end-to-end control over their products, leading to much worse and more frequent vendor-locked situations than we have right now.
    Chinese companies have been demonstrating their mentality this far, that should be fair warning to anyone.
    Well said. The Chinese approach to technology is like some frightening dystopian sci-fi movie... only it's real. A lot like Obama's domestic spying programs, actually, scary stuff.
    Last edited by torsionbar28; 16 April 2018, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post
      I used to use that (makes dual booting with Linux much better). But Microsoft broke it at some point. Maybe it has been fixed.
      I think Microsoft made an effort to fix RealTimeIsUniversal, and since Vista SP2 circa 2008 it was mostly usable. Then Microsoft lost interest and some problems appeared, especially during DST switchover (KB2687252 and others), but by late 2012 they were fixed too.

Nowadays, datacenter customers no longer want to keep their clocks in local time and so Microsoft is forced to support this registry flag again to some extent, although advising against it at every opportunity.

Comment

Working...
      X