Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Gets Ported To China's 32-bit "C-SKY" CPU Architecture

Phoronix: Linux Gets Ported To China's 32-bit "C-SKY" CPU Architecture

While the Linux kernel maintainers are currently working on dropping support for some old CPU architectures, a new CPU architecture is looking to receive the mainline treatment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't get it, why didn't they just stick with RISC-V?

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
    Cue libtard trolls who hate China, hate North Korea, hate Putin and hate President Trump.
    Cue the troll who wants to turn this into something political.

Everyone hates North Korea, even China and Russia are fed up with them. "libtards" only hate Trump, and even then, so do many conservatives. Last time I checked, Republicans are a lot more afraid of China and Russia/Putin than liberals.
    Mean-spirited venom from Democrats needs to be censored. If you don't have anything positive to say then you shouldn't say anything at all. Only constructive comments should be allowed.
    Ironic statement, considering how inflammatory yours is.
    FYI, I'm not left-leaning.
    Last edited by schmidtbag; 19 March 2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Cue libtard trolls who hate China, hate North Korea, hate Putin and hate President Trump.

Mean-spirited venom from Democrats needs to be censored. If you don't have anything positive to say then you shouldn't say anything at all. Only constructive comments should be allowed.
      Oh look who just came out in support of Fascism! What a surprise...

Comment

Seems their website is already running on one of their own embedded CPUs because it is slow like it 1992.

Comment

If you don't have anything positive to say then you shouldn't say anything at all. Only constructive comments should be allowed.
          My hypocrisy meter just exploded.

Comment

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post
            Oh look who just came out in support of Fascism! What a surprise...
            Fascism is a liberal value. There is no such thing as a conservative fascist.

Comment

I don't blame the Chinese for pursuit their own CPU. After so many years reading about secret backdoors, hardcoded passwords, Intel's mini-CPU and mini-OS flaws, etc, etc, I would build my own CPU if I had the money too.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                Actually, fascists are the right-wing extreme; communism is the left-wing extreme:
                http://i.imgur.com/vlxC1.jpg
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
                Last edited by schmidtbag; 19 March 2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

You fail.

Comment

Working...
                  X