No announcement yet.

Benchmarks Of Russia's "Baikal" MIPS-Based Processors, Running Debian Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leipero Sorry but you are talking about the soul which is different from intelligence, sure their is a emotional intelligence & it does go into phenomenology but we can leve that aside when discussing about AI as it's more complex than science managed to explain. Ancient Greek lectures about soul are to be considered as anima but they are still very unique in many ways. The question of God is touched with causus cosus (self cause that doesn't need anything to act or be put in motion as in it) which is primary the first category. But again even this is irrelevant when we discuss about AI and it's possibilities (not to say limitations). At the end I define AI as future formal logic & going beyond that is litle to much & certainly out of scientific (even science fiction) boundaries so not really a serious topic to discuss. Try to read at least base one or two masters on the Aristotel formal logic and categories so that this talk doesn't stay hollow.

Best regards & goodbye.

Comment

Zola Not exactly "soul" (often used as synonym for emotional intelligence), the more strict definition of intelligence is as wiki says: "Intelligence has been defined in many different ways including as one's capacity for logic, understanding, self-awareness, learning, emotional knowledge, reasoning, planning, creativity, and problem solving. It can be more generally described as the ability to perceive or infer information, and to retain it as knowledge to be applied towards adaptive behaviors within an environment or context."

So, wiki takes the most agreed factors of intelligence, however, even that is not very strict definition because it relies on concepts that themselves have loose definitions. So, when we speak about N.I. or A.I. we are speaking about scientific/informed speculations at best, not something strict as binary (case for computers) or standard physics (with mathematical formulas). While even in reality, physics are very different to computer science, because computer science (software coding) is more strict in definitions, while physics (based on mathematics) describe natural events best one could do, using concepts as "1, 2, 0...." etc., while in reality there is no "2", from simple example of two objects, such as, I don't know, apples, 2 apples is concept, not reality, in reallity there are two similar, yet very different objects when you look at them deep enough, while similarity overrides difference, so they are close enough to be counted as 2.

So yeah, it is very complex topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Eraserstp View Post

This is the real state of things. A most modern fully domestic russian CPU is Elbrus-2SМ (WLIV, 300 MHz, two cores) made with 90 nm CMOS process at the Mikron fab in Zelenograd, Moscow.
        Huh, I was pretty sure they could do 65nm domestically. Elbrus-4S is 65nm. But I don't have a source for that, sadly.

They also have Elbrus-8S design for 28nm, 1.3Ghz, but its fabrication is outsourced.

Comment

Originally posted by Shnatsel View Post

Huh, I was pretty sure they could do 65nm domestically. Elbrus-4S is 65nm. But I don't have a source for that, sadly.
          Elbrus-4S was launched in 2014, and the first commercial chip with 90 nm process (SRAM memory chip, 1663РУ1), was released in 2015. The first working samples of 65 nm process were shown in 2014, but these were only single transistors - there are still no commercial samples, on the manufacturer's site, the process is marked as "In development".

Comment

What ever happened to the "Stalin" processor, the one that promised to eliminate all the competition?

Comment

Years a go I read from somewhere that they had bought old AMD's 65nm production line. Maybe the source of their 65nm Elbrus'es.

Entirely on their own they can't produce even a car. Lada's were made using Fiat's tech and other models are copies of various Western cars.

Comment

China has had a CPU for decades and tried to market it in the USA, but Intel stopped them with the court system. Japan also has a CPU, that showed up on the top super computer list at some point. We wont see any of these inside the USA. Intel will make sure of it

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  better ask yourself why it wants domestically produced chip. because it wants to continue terrorizing planet and after few rounds of sanctions will not be able to buy anything but food for oil
                  not true they are completely disconnected from the US money system. US sanctions effect them Zero

Comment

They intend to make there own CPU because they dont trust Intel or AMD. I'm sure I saw a few years ago they banned using intel for and government use. And the Chinese banned windows.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                      Years a go I read from somewhere that they had bought old AMD's 65nm production line. Maybe the source of their 65nm Elbrus'es.

Entirely on their own they can't produce even a car. Lada's were made using Fiat's tech and other models are copies of various Western cars.
                      Maybe you are confusing Russia with US?
                      Because US can't make real cars...they are Fiat Technology..

Apart from that,
                      Russia has 65 nm Fabs in Russia, and mikron is trying to go 45nm..

They also are planning a 16 core elbrus.

So much trash talk, but infact x86 arch has a lot of Russian technology...you guys seems to be a lot of retards, with litle to no knowledge about nothing..brain walking death..

Comment

Working...
                      X