No announcement yet.

Benchmarks Of Russia's "Baikal" MIPS-Based Processors, Running Debian Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA is comparable to some banana state, where you can be shot and/or robbed anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
      ... in fact humans tend to replicate already known natural events to their advantage (if any) ...
      Have been thinking on this recently ...

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
        USA is comparable to some banana state, where you can be shot and/or robbed anytime.
        Why you have to use derogatory language? US is as far away as it can be from "banana state", the very definition of "banana state" have nothing to do with being shot on the street, but with sovereignty. So "banana state" is the opposite of the Empire, in other words weak economy that results in loss of sovereignty by other powers. From those definitions, factually, US belongs to the category of Empire or Colonisation state (with puppet states), I think anyone on the street who is into that matter could name a list of puppet states, and list is quite big.

Comment

Why you have to use derogatory language? US is as far away as it can be from "banana state", the very definition of "banana state" have nothing to do with being shot on the street, but with sovereignty. So "banana state" is the opposite of the Empire, in other words weak economy that results in loss of sovereignty by other powers. From those definitions, factually, US belongs to the category of Empire or Colonisation state (with puppet states), I think anyone on the street who is into that matter could name a list of puppet states, and list is quite big.
          While I agree it is indeed very insulting for me to compare USA to banana state, I hereby apologize any such entities, female or male, including third gender or any combinations of said genders, and including any gender not yet identified, living in a state arrogantly and racist described in political science or economics as banana state. Furthermore, since I believe that making an apology is by far too cheap trick only used to do damage control, I hereby offer a meal of pea soup and cold Finnish beer to anyone offended by me, here at my home, where we can discuss sincerity of my apology further.

Comment

moilami Nah, it seems that you only lack human decency as an individual, and that comes from home, not etnicity. Besides, why would you use that language that would indicate you are "pissed off" when you have absolutely no reason in doing so..., unless you somehow got/earned empathy so strong as if were you towards victims of all sorts of global political nonsense spearheaded by US. If that is the case, I understand your anger, and I apologize for everything I said in this post...

Comment

moilami Nah, it seems that you only lack human decency as an individual, and that comes from home, not etnicity. Besides, why would you use that language that would indicate you are "pissed off" when you have absolutely no reason in doing so..., unless you somehow got/earned empathy so strong as if were you towards victims of all sorts of global political nonsense spearheaded by US. If that is the case, I understand your anger, and I apologize for everything I said in this post...
              Well, you are right in that I, in a way, have absolutely no reason in doing what I did, you are about as right in that as you would be when you see someone get agitated by witnessing a beating of a kid or female, that is an underdog, and you could say the exact same words to him: you have absolutely no reason in doing so! Splendid...

Anyway, I know many americans and they are decent folk, so I can assure you that the list I hate is long, USA is not alone there. Anyway, I am not in mood to do ranting, so I don't write more about it.

Comment

leipero The correct description of my state of mind would be becoming very bored and frustrated of political correctness and choosing to regain my apolitical state of mind by, frankly, not giving a shit who get offended, what signals I send, or how whatever affects whatever.

Comment

moilami Regardless of support towards the side that is mistreated, it is not an excuse for using inapropriate language. Yes, I realized you are on the anti-PC/SJW bandwagon from the second sarcastic post in manner that is usually used "by people in that group". However, I am not SJW, but importance of corectness (not political, just social) can't be understated. And if you were someone else, affected by things you speak about, I would understand your emotional reaction, but styill I wouldn't approve that sort of language.

Hate as any other emotion is natural..., but you should never allow yourself (or someone else) to misdirect it, and that is exactly what anti-PC/SJW's are doing, and there's no other way to put it, I think they are cowards for doing so, or not mature at best. It is perfetly fine to have emotional burst (eg. get "triggered" and pissed of) in some moment when someone provokes you, and people make mistakes and actu rude in those situations, and I am not exception to it, so it would be hypocritical of attacking anyone for it, however, "dropping down the ball" is most apropriate in those situation, and exercising self-control would be proper action (that unfortunately people lack seemingly more and more...).

So why wasting your nerves on such things, and by your action waste others people nervs? The end result will be the same with hate directed at wrong people, the only difference is that you and others will be flamed even more for absolutely no reason.

TL;DR: Corectness is important thing in social sphere, because of agregated lack of corectness you end up with wars and nonsense, the very thing any decent person would like to prevent.

Comment

leipero Wait, I must correct myself. I have a reason. I did not spent good part of my life in working for Free Software, including surviving Gnome 3, to see it becoming segregating people. I have a reason, and I have a damn good reason, and someone is going to have to pay of this.
                    Last edited by moilami; 17 March 2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                      Reporting bias. Only the very worst parts of the US are bad on a global scale. On average, the US is quite safe. The safest parts are probably comparable to anywhere you can find.

Basically, if you have money, you probably live somewhere that crime isn't an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X