Benchmarks Of Russia's "Baikal" MIPS-Based Processors, Running Debian Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unixfan2001 View Post

1. Russians aren't a fucking race! No matter what Putin would like to believe (his delusions of the Russian Master Race are probably as strong as Hitler's about the German Master Race).
    2. Strangely, Russian "private citizens" seem to do a lot of things no private citizen in the western world would ever do. Like attacking an army compound in Syria, with helicopters and armed vehicles...
    Ok, I've lost to the temptation to read the comments, let's just correct some factual misinformation you said here, and what is even more concerning 3 people actually believe in it. As you pointed out, Russians are not the race, they are ethinc group like any other ethnic group on the planet. The correct term dkasak should have used is "xenophobic".

Apart from obvious xenophobia most politicians suffer from in US and some in Europe towards Russians in general, it is also often the case they talk deragatory towards Russian people in general, it is one form of the "dehumanization". This however isn't concerning, what is concerning that actual culture and maybe even over half of the populations of the countries where such monkeys are on power getting brainwashed and starting to believe in such nonsense, without even realizing it will hurt them at the end, regardless of outcome of such actions.

Syria is cut-clear case, there are no "Russian private citizens" in Syria, there are paid contractors and Russian army, under international law, they are there legally, helping legitimate government fight against what people call "western" sponsored terrorists (Al Nustra, ISIS, and others...), with support from other places like Israel, Saudi Arabia (actual dictatorship no one in US even dares to question). However, there is an army in Syria that is tehre illegaly, and gues what and who? US and Turkish, I didn't even paid attention to be honest (since it is irrelevant, they will have to leave in next year or so), but it is likely that other countries members of NATO are there illegaly too.

As for what Putin believes, I wasn't in his mind, and unfortunately I can't tell, however, from his words, conclusion you drawn is out of the question and pure nonsense that doesn't fit highly educated and intelligent people like Putin is.

As for him terrorizing the planet, I really do not remmember Russia destorying Iraq, Libya, Ex-YU, Korea, using nuclear weapons on civilian population without getting on court for such actions, using depleted uranium shells around the planet (especially in Iraq), and so on...

If anything, Putin and Russian government are quite modest in their approach, they offer dialogue, and never use degrading language towards their conterparts, same can't be said for NATO countries who indeed seem to believe what Hitler believed untill Soviets (to be precise, mostly Russians) didn't march in in Berlin to give him a paycheck. Those type of delusions are quite dangerous, more so for you or any "western" person than Russians themselves. If someone fails to step on the ant, and you want to fight elephant, that's very strong delusion, aside from the fact that it is wrong to step on anything to begin with and he still wishes to but can't do it.

Why Trump won? Because people were sick of Clinton mafia and all those idiots, I've personally (not a Russian) meddled in US election and influenced 0,0000...lot's of zeros....1 percent of US voting body, simply because I wish bad to Clinton family, and trust me when I say they are lucky I am extremely unlikley to meet them in person. I did that on my own and no one ever paid to me for it, because no one ever would be able to pay to me for such things, I did it purely out of hate towards Clinton war criminal family that destroyed so many innocent lives, not because of love for Trump. Count literally billions of people who were victims of those war criminals, and you get much bigger percentage, but even that is not enough to how much US people themselves hated those criminals.

So please, next time when you pull up "Germans and Hitler", and how someone else is "terrorizing the planet", look at the mirror, and maybe one day, no one will be able to respond to your coment as I did now without making fool of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
      First off there is nothing unjust about the patent system!!! It isnt perfect but nothing government wide ever is. The people that complain the most are also the ones least likely to ever create anything patentable.

Second what Intel patented for the first x86 chips likely has expired. That doesn't mean new tech hasn't been developed.

Third there are many competitive architectures from ARM, IBM and others. The failure if industry to adopt these in personal computers is not a patent system problem.

Forth getting of the X86 bus isnt easy and again it has nothing to do with the patent system. Even a company as big as Apple runs into irrational resistance. Case in point iPad which still suffers from people damning it due the lack of X86 compatibility. It gets criticized even if such a device was impossible on i86 and the software environment was never meant to be Windows compatible.

In a nut shell there is nothing to prevent a number of manufactures making their own processors. They just need to avoid using Intel derived technology. The rise of the cell phone and iPad demonstrates that it is possible to leave the i86 world behind. Getting people to accept alternatives too Windows though isn't easy. It took an entirely new industry (the smart phone) to launch ARM into the position it is today. Your concern about the X86 world in many ways is a concern about a has been technology.
      Ofc., people who complain (like me) will not create anything in that sphere, it is not their specialization or sphere of interest. However, that doesn't make the system just. Ofc. it is unjust for me, as an scientist (for example) to put the gun on someones head if he copies "my work" or comes up with the same thing independently.

If i want to prevent you of doing that, that means just one thing. And that is that I'm not able or do not want to advance the feild of work, and I want to abuse power while knowing that you might do better than me, so I am afraid of any sort of competition. If I was confident in my value as an individual or value in organization I represent, I wouldn't need such law, because I know that at the time others come up with something, I will come up with something better.

Patent laws pretty much reverted whole society backwards at least 50 years since industrial revolution, that is a fact every decent sociologist would tell you, and it is not a matter of a debate, it just is.

You did not answered my question tho., and that is how long patents are kept and when they expire. What you said in other sentences of your post is what I've said In my ramblings in the post you quoted aside from teh actual question. It is sort of funny that movies or cartoon characters for example are still under royality/patents after 50 or 100 years after creation, when all original makers are dead for quite a while..., so argument of "protecting the creative individuals" is most nonsensical argument one can come up with, especially having on mind that those individuals saw the least out of accumulation of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        terrorist countries do not deserve advertising
        I agree with you that US doesn't deserve advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsleg View Post

Aw, really? Looks like it was Comrade Cat.
          I lolled when I heard Trump won. Then I told it to my wife who was shocked and I lolled more

Comment

Originally posted by Zola View Post

I agree with you that US doesn't deserve advertising.
            While you are factually correct, I'm amazed how your comment and the comment of pal666 passed with obvious intent of flaming, while mine much more polite comment got stuck. Oh well, never let software do the job of a human .

Comment

LOL @ the politics in this thread.

I'm no Russia fan, but I'm interested in their technological developments. I don't see how Michael's article is any kind of endorsement of the Russian government or its policies.

Please keep in mind that there are lots of folks from all different countries on here. Most are decent people you'd probably like. Some of the users with whom I have the biggest issues are probably from my own country.

When somebody criticizes your country, it's natural to get a little defensive, even if you might harbor similar misgivings. If anything it's probably counterproductive. So, I think people should chill, drop the politics, and focus on what we have in common and being decent.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
                No Intel ME or AMD-SP means the NSA won't have a backdoor into my PC anymore! Who will keep me safe and secure from the l33t al-qaeda h@cks0rs?

Russia hasnt perpetrated any inside jobs like 9-11 so they're OK with me. Scientific facts are scientific facts: http://ae911truth.org
                You don't need to send your agents around to convince people that jet fuel can't melt steel beams to cover up your own screwups when you can can have dissidents "disappear" spontaneously in the night and have all media say whatever the fuck you want.
                Last edited by starshipeleven; 16 March 2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Ha ha
                  So much stupid things said on m^2 in this thread. If You don't lived in (Eastern) Europe, better don't talk. At least Russia do not pretend to be a democracy( unlike US (0.0bama regime) &Western World). And never claimed.

Comment

As long as we are on Phoronix and off topic, Baltika beer (at least the Baltika 7 you can get in Ontario) is quite good.

Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      As long as we are on Phoronix and off topic, Baltika beer (at least the Baltika 7 you can get in Ontario) is quite good.

http://eng.baltika.ru/
                      I drink it when in Russia, but that's about the only time I prefer Balitka 7... Or any other of the Baltika beers for that matter... But at least is better than the Russian beer coming in soda-like plastic bottles.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X