AMD Secure Processor & Ryzen Chipsets Reportedly Vulnerable To Exploit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
    Damage was done by the fud, what else could they do?
    Aww come on this is some serious fanboy-ism here. They found a bona-fide way to go around the PSP's firmware signing check (if nothing else) and you're just being fanboy about it. Even as AMD is fixing this, you're still in denial. I'm speechless.

Still doesn't "fix" the issue tho, which is PSP itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post

I suppose AMD is fixing nothing then:
      From the article:
      The nature of these problems does not seem substantially different from an earlier PSP flaw publicized in January; that flaw concerned the firmware TPM and, again, allowed the execution of attacker-controlled code on the PSP. That bug appeared to receive little fanfare or attention. Neither do they seem to be significantly different from the numerous flaws that have been found in Intel's equivalent to PSP, the Management Engine (ME). Indeed, some of the Intel ME bugs are rather worse, as they can in some situations be exploited remotely.
      Basically, If these are "gaping holes" as you continue to call them, every modern computer is one big gaping hole. Which you could argue is the case. I'd disagree though, because these things are only of use on a system that is *already compromised*.
      Last edited by Gusar; 21 March 2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X