No announcement yet.

AMD Secure Processor & Ryzen Chipsets Reportedly Vulnerable To Exploit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leave this here : https://web.archive.org/web/20120313...s-labs.com:80/ :>

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
      What I'm expecting is that at some point there will be a huge mass malware, theft or extortion event where either the Intel or AMD onboard "security" processor is compromised by some bad people on millions of devices. When this occurs it will create a huge demand for chips without these horrible onboard-chips and Intel and AMD will start offering chips without them.
      I labelled this Intel ME Plague. Don't know when it will hit but when it does it will be drastic like the Black Death.

Comment

Originally posted by brrrrttttt View Post
        Meltdown must have really hurt.
        I'm seeking a replacement laptop. Keep asking companies if they have a Ryzen Mobile since I will not purchase a Meltdown processor. So far too few and all come with Microsoft Tax. Will keep on asking and waiting ...

Comment

Originally posted by Yndoendo View Post

I'm seeking a replacement laptop. Keep asking companies if they have a Ryzen Mobile since I will not purchase a Meltdown processor. So far too few and all come with Microsoft Tax. Will keep on asking and waiting ...

Check out the new Dell, it can indeed have up to 32 gigs of ram. My only problem is the large 17 inch screen, why not an 15 inch instead.

Kind regards B.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            I'm not saying Intel, but it's Intel.

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/03...md_exploits_bs
            Yes and no. You might also be interested in corporate espionage only ever use admin exploit once to install negative tier monitoring system to the machine. You might eventually be noticed and stopped if you mess around in tier 0 or above too long

Comment

The naming is just amazing "RYZENFALL", that clearly shows intent here, even tho some vulnerabilities are semi-exclusive to Intel, they were never named "INTELFALL" or something..., anyway, Israel is not that big of a country (~9 million people), however some of the Intel chip designers and maybe HQ (?) are located there (Tel Aviv I think, not really sure), so there's likely to be bias here.

Comment

pretty sure Intel's HQ is in California. Oregon has a number of fabs devoted to R&D and a little production. Israel does some work but Israel is massively overhyped and an adjunct of the military industrial state which exists in the US. You can think of Israeli Research efforts as an offshoot of the stuff that goes on at Universities in the states which receives grants from the DoD, etc... They do some interesting research, but like most stuff Israel, it's over hyped/sold/billed, on the average.

Comment

Intel has a huge headquarter down in Israel.... I wonder if..

tl;dr Just Israeli being Israeli, it's all lies.

Comment

intel has locations in Israel, it's Head Quarters is in Santa Clara, CA.

*I have nothing against the people of Israel, but it is a bit of hype magnet, and has a lot of the same political meanderings that the US has in it's dealings.

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
                      The naming is just amazing "RYZENFALL", that clearly shows intent here, even tho some vulnerabilities are semi-exclusive to Intel, they were never named "INTELFALL" or something...
                      They *almost* could have had 'Skyfall', I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X