AMD Secure Processor & Ryzen Chipsets Reportedly Vulnerable To Exploit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Why is it so hard to provide an option to disable PSP? Poor technical design, or they do it on purpose to leave backdoors for someone (Big Brother)?
    PSP is necessary for booting the system, if I remember right. They could probably neuter it heavily, but if my memory is correct, they can't fully disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by FastCode View Post
      quote from a slashdot user
      Which means none of these qualifies as a security issue, as if you have such access to a system, you can do whatever the hell you want anyway.

Comment

Seems most issues were connected with these ASMedia USB/SATA controllers, which exists for about 6 years as they say with poor record of fixing anything... hm, so what could AMD even can do about that? Maybe only to use something else on Zen+ or what

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Seems most issues were connected with these ASMedia USB/SATA controllers, which exists for about 6 years as they say with poor record of fixing anything... hm, so what could AMD even can do about that? Maybe only to use something else on Zen+ or what
          It's probably too late for Zen+, if the issue is even real. It'd probably be possible to get a fix in for Zen2.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post

Do you have any links to AMD or your MOBO manufacturer's official resources stating that the PSP is disabled? When I last looked into this I couldn't find any official info that made it clear that the PSP was disabled. The info that was available suggested that disabling this simply disable the MOBO interface to the PSP, but that the PSP itself was likely still active and capable of... who knows what; it's all an AMD secret.
            I can provide a screenshot showing the option is there and I have "disabled it". As far as whether it really disables it... who knows outside of AMD.

Also this report... more signs it is a stock short selling attempt

https://amdflaws.com/disclaimer.html
            The report and all statements contained herein are opinions of CTS and are not statements of fact.

Comment

*krehm* Propably Wintel machined hate campaing against AMD which is lead by US and executed by israel. May the god save us all... Sober....

Comment

Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post
                It's probably too late for Zen+, if the issue is even real. It'd probably be possible to get a fix in for Zen2.
                Whatever, i meant you can't fix current. This is funny to me as most of these "AMD flaws" were connected with ARM PSP and ASMedia controllers...

All issues they mentioned are somewhat about ASMedia chipsets and ARM based PSP

Thus, they should name this "Ryzen platform flaws under admin rights only" as they only talk about these, not "AMD flaws"
                Last edited by dungeon; 03-13-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I'm not saying Intel, but it's Intel.

https://www.hardocp.com/news/2018/03...md_exploits_bs

Comment

Meltdown must have really hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
                      All of this comes from a company never heard of before, that was established just last year, this is nothing but propaganda and a hit job because "someone" is scared of zen+.
                      This plus the fact that everyone in the video is greenscreened against stock images. They clearly either don't have an office or then they don't want people to figure out where they're actually based.

I somehow get the feeling that we're either looking at a bunch of hacking team type morons or then an Intel FUD campaign, which considering their past actions I wouldn't put past them.
                      "Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

Comment

Working...
                      X