Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bareflank 2.0 Hypervisor Being Worked On With Better Memory Management, UEFI Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bareflank 2.0 Hypervisor Being Worked On With Better Memory Management, UEFI Support

Phoronix: Bareflank 2.0 Hypervisor Being Worked On With Better Memory Management, UEFI Support

The Bareflank Hypervisor is nearly two years old and its version 2.0 release happens to be baking...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is "being written in C++" still their only unique selling point? Don't get me wrong - I sure like C++ - I'm just not convinced that "being written in any particular programming language" is at the centre of what makes a new piece of software preferable over the several pre-existing pieces of software that do their job pretty well. (I for one am not missing much in qemu.)

Comment

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
      Is "being written in C++" still their only unique selling point? Don't get me wrong - I sure like C++ - I'm just not convinced that "being written in any particular programming language" is at the centre of what makes a new piece of software preferable over the several pre-existing pieces of software that do their job pretty well. (I for one am not missing much in qemu.)
      Just to clarify, the selling point is not C++ (although it's a plus), but instead the selling is the scaffolding. Think of Bareflank as an SDK for creating hypervisors. People doing research with introspection, reverse engineering, and defensive software use hypervisors like Bareflank to create one-off projects for research. By no means is Bareflank attempting to compete with QEMU any more than Jailhouse or SimpleVisor are.

Comment

Working...
      X