Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G + Ryzen 5 2400G Linux CPU Performance, 21-Way Intel/AMD Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen 3 2200G + Ryzen 5 2400G Linux CPU Performance, 21-Way Intel/AMD Comparison

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G + Ryzen 5 2400G Linux CPU Performance, 21-Way Intel/AMD Comparison

Yesterday I posted some initial Linux benchmarks of the Ryzen 5 2400G Raven Ridge APU when looking at the Vega 11 graphics, but for those curious about the CPU performance potential of the Ryzen 5 2400G and its ~$100 Ryzen 3 2200G sibling, here are our first CPU benchmarks of these long-awaited AMD APUs. These two current Raven Ridge desktop APUs are compared to a total of 21 different Intel and AMD processors dating back to older Kaveri APUs and FX CPUs and Ivy Bridge on the Intel side.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I ordered my Ryzen5 2400G/MSI mATX combo this week. Newegg has already dropped the price to match Amazon @ $169.

It's for my son, so it will be Windows 10 as he can't run VR on his Athlon II/NVidia combo.

I am still waiting on the Threadripper based on Zen+.

Comment

Also worth noting on the performance per dollar page is that the Raven Ridge units are fully unlocked for overclocking, so you'll probably end up with significantly better performance per dollar results than the locked-solely-for-segmentation coffee lake counterparts if you decide to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
        I ordered my Ryzen5 2400G/MSI mATX combo this week. Newegg has already dropped the price to match Amazon @ $169.

It's for my son, so it will be Windows 10 as he can't run VR on his Athlon II/NVidia combo.

I am still waiting on the Threadripper based on Zen+.
        Actually NewEgg has the 2400G back up to $189 again.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

well, if Amd launchs something at end of year for laptops I will buy one and move back from nvidia/intel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Actually NewEgg has the 2400G back up to $189 again.
            Wow! I guess I got lucky. Amazon was sold out the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Wow! I guess I got lucky. Amazon was sold out the other day.
              Yeah I got my 2400G from NewEgg for $189 on launch day while on launch day I got my 2200G from Amazon for $99 while now Amazon is sold out of stock and at NewEgg they are selling the 2200G for $129.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I heart that the 2400G has some temperature issues (about 90°C under load). Does anyone know more? I hope this is not the case.

Comment

The time where a discrete GPU will be useless, is near...

Comment

Originally posted by tzui View Post
                    I heart that the 2400G has some temperature issues (about 90°C under load). Does anyone know more? I hope this is not the case.
                    That sounds very unlikely to me, even with CPU+GPU under 100% load and the stock heatsink. Remember, Ryzen has notoriously had incorrect sensor readings, so that might have something to do with it; I'm sure it's more like 70C.

Comment

Working...
                    X