Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen 3 2200G + Ryzen 5 2400G Linux Benchmarks Coming Tomorrow

Phoronix: Ryzen 3 2200G + Ryzen 5 2400G Linux Benchmarks Coming Tomorrow

Tomorrow I will be posting our initial benchmarks of the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G "Raven Ridge" APUs with the Zen CPU cores plus Vega graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What I'm wondering is if crypto-miners drive up the price of these APUs, like they did GPUs, in their quest to earn money by not working for it.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Ryzen 3 2200G + Ryzen 5 2400G Linux Benchmarks Coming Tomorrow

Tomorrow I will be posting our initial benchmarks of the Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G "Raven Ridge" APUs with the Zen CPU cores plus Vega graphics...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Ridge-Tuesday
      You are defining what certain people do for a living and they rule the world. Why not democratize it so they have more competitors? The bubble will explode in their faces too, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Spooktra View Post
        What I'm wondering is if crypto-miners drive up the price of these APUs, like they did GPUs, in their quest to earn money by not working for it.
        You mean those who set up 16 GPUs per system? Probably not.

Those who mine with their single card between games? Maybe, but I think they are called gamers.

Comment

These little beauties have cTDP that allows to set them also to 45 W TDP. Nice!
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Just read Sweclockers review. The CPU is what you'd expect of a four core Ryzen. The integrated GPU however looks very impressive. This thing can actually run lighter games at decent frame-rates and competes with low end discreet graphics like the GT1030.

Comment

quoting from golem.de + translation
              "Der UVD in Vega 10 kann VP9 mit 10 Bit in 4K samt HDR nur im Hybrid-Mode auf 60 fps beschleunigen, die Shader-Kerne müssen also auch rechnen. Der VCN kann das laut AMD vollständig in Hardware."

The new VCN (Video Core Next, this is UDV+VCE in one and renewed) seems to be able to accelerate VP9 completely in HW, until then it was only possible to do VP9 (10 bit col. depth, HDR, 4K) in a hybrid mode that involved shaders. [Later follows ->] The free driver, however, does not yet support all this completely, there were also lockups and stuff. [Means you better wait for 4.16 or try the blob.]
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Anyone has any info about ECC support on these APUs?

Theoretically Zen supports ECC, but these are APUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  These little beauties have cTDP that allows to set them also to 45 W TDP. Nice!
                  Yeah, i guess Michael would test that 45W mode vs 65W default, but also overclocking of both CPU and GPU... as there is at least three main secenarios to use these devices.

And if it support plus works fine with ECC, basically it is all universal

Basically iGPU in these APUs is main point of device, so the best possible memory modules is a main search for an user i guess
                  Last edited by dungeon; 12 February 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah, i guess Michael would test that 45W mode vs 65W default, but also overclocking of both CPU and GPU... as there is at least three main secenarios to use these devices.

And if it support plus works fine with ECC, basically it is all universal

Basically iGPU in these APUs is main point of device, so the best possible memory modules is a main search for an user i guess
                    I don't have any DDR4 ECC Unbuffered, all my DDR4 ECC is registered.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X