X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Just say what your talking about. If you're talking about radeonsi, say radeonsi. If what your talking about is amdgpu then say amdgpu. If what your talking about is mesa, then say mesa. It really is that simple.
    Tux drivers for Red and Green graphic cards with Blue vs Grey-Orange CPUs on distro previosly being shitty Brown but now seems Purple... still i don't care, maybe i am daltonist
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

So what is your suggestion? amdgpu vs nvidia sounds most short and proper to me.

DRI driver Radeonsi and RadV with a help of LLVM and also Mesa, together with entire Linux and his drivers but mainly amd driver infrastructure, all compiled with GNU is Not UNIX CC and right flags, plus minus Bugzillas, GIT and PPAs, etc... vs nvidia, sounds a lot like confusion

For ATI Technologies Inc. people says ATi, for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. people says AMD, etc... what is wrong if for Wayland i say W? X or W?
    Just say what your talking about. If you're talking about radeonsi, say radeonsi. If what your talking about is amdgpu then say amdgpu. If what your talking about is mesa, then say mesa. It really is that simple.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    We care, otherwise we wouldnt be on this site.
    So what is your suggestion? amdgpu vs nvidia sounds most short and proper to me.

DRI driver Radeonsi and RadV with a help of LLVM and also Mesa, together with entire Linux and his drivers but mainly amd driver infrastructure, all compiled with GNU is Not UNIX CC and right flags, plus minus Bugzillas, GIT and PPAs, etc... vs nvidia, sounds a lot like confusion

For ATI Technologies Inc. people says ATi, for Advanced Micro Devices Inc. people says AMD, etc... what is wrong if for Wayland i say W? X or W?
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 04:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    We care, otherwise we wouldnt be on this site.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied

amdgpu is a perfectly fine name if that's what it's called. There is a kernel driver called that as well as a modesetting driver and if you are talking about either of those things specifically then that's what its name is. But mesa isn't called that anywhere at all. Not even in one single place. And mesa is where the open source graphics stack implements its graphics API's like OpenGL and Vulkan.
    I know that but i don't care... do you know how Windows window server is called? It is called Hummingbird, but no one cares and i don't too

We use X or W, they have Hummingbird and again who cares

Driver is patched for NT version this or that, but please driver vendor support my Hummingbird version too... no one talks like this as no one care People just says driver suite this or that and that is about it

One year they get Catalyst, then Crimson, other year they say Adrenalin... if here Linux or Mesa get renamed that is OK, i don't care again

ATi was renamed to AMD, who cares
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 03:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied

I am behind what? It is author's thing to name or rename their drivers the way they want.

Same way, i call driver here by suite in comparison with another suite... and i see nothing wrong if i say amdgpu vs nvidia really
    amdgpu is a perfectly fine name if that's what it's called. There is a kernel driver called that as well as a modesetting driver and if you are talking about either of those things specifically then that's what its name is. But mesa isn't called that anywhere at all. Not even in one single place. And mesa is where the open source graphics stack implements its graphics API's like OpenGL and Vulkan.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    So I think now it's pretty obvious who's been spreading misinformation and confusion about OSS driver naming conventions. There have been at least a dozen people posting on this forum that confused amdgpu with radeonsi. Now I suspect you're behind that.
    I am behind what? It is author's thing to name or rename their drivers the way they want.

Same way, i call driver here by suite in comparison with another suite... and i see nothing wrong if i say amdgpu vs nvidia really, does that hurts your feelings maybe?

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied
    Both seem to destroy that stupid bulldozer APU that was featured a few days ago, as expected.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied

Most computer users are just like that, they don't care about many drivers let alone about their names.

They might care about couple of these they currently use but that is about it, end of story. Driver name this, driver name that... who cares?

Here we see nvidia driver suite against amdgpu driver suite... i think i said that correctly
    nope, not even close. So I think now it's pretty obvious who's been spreading misinformation and confusion about OSS driver naming conventions. There have been at least a dozen people posting on this forum that confused amdgpu with radeonsi. Now I suspect you're behind that.
    Last edited by duby229; 24 January 2018, 02:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied

I get it, ignorant and proud of it. You should have just said that in your first post here so I could have ignored you. But you know, if you don't care to know, then you're not gonna know. Insisting that you're right on this when you've already admitted that you don't know and don't care to know is fairly wrong.
    Most computer users are just like that, they don't care about many drivers let alone about their names.

They might care about couple of these they currently use but that is about it, end of story. Driver name this, driver name that... who cares?

Here we see nvidia driver suite against amdgpu driver suite... i think i said that correctly
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 02:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X