X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sa666666
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Please forget about CPUs, put an ARM CPU there and test cards if you want does not matter and I don't care really which one CPU is better here I only talk about GPU drivers diff here and this test is more than enough to me.
    Yes, it's enough for you since (a) it confirms your viewpoint, and (b) you had your mind made up before the benchmarks were even posted. So the reasoning is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• tomtomme
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I get it, ignorant and proud of it. You should have just said that in your first post here so I could have ignored you. But you know, if you don't care to know, then you're not gonna know. Insisting that you're right on this when you've already admitted that you don't know and don't care to know is fairly wrong.
    Dungeon is not ignorant. Dungeon is just trolling you a bit. He is (like you) around phoronix forums since ages and is quite knowledgeable. I am surprised you did not notice that. Don´t you read names?
    If dungeon has one of his better days you might see, that he sometimes acutally contributes instead of having fun on cost of others.
    Last edited by tomtomme; 25 January 2018, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    And why do motherboards look strange and stranger these days? .
    I like to say, they look more or less like 12 Chinese zodiac animals Dragons like to put fancy colours around.

Guess what is RPi and what is Tinker board

Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 06:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Etherman
    replied
    "The RX 560 also did much better with the Pentium G4600 when using the Radeon RX 560."
    Too much coffee or too little, I can't tell. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied
    To bring up something entirely else:
    I liked the AMD stock cooler better. The cable was hosed (which might make it less flexible, but a little safer to handle) and the cooler was not so open to the sided - so dangling cables can't be caught that easily.

And why do motherboards look strange and stranger these days? I like to read the little lables and everything, but I don't need camouflage patterns or everything sprayed over in some colour or even huge cogs painted over the whole thing. I like to see the SMD elements clearly.
    This is like nasty splash screens during boot and init. They cover all the important things, paint it in fancy colours, but are of no use once you need to get under the hood.

On the tests: Strange sometimes, indeed. But I'd go for the freedom driver in any case. Even though we saw recently that the RX560 had a strange performance in some tests against the RX550.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    OK, i found them... forgot "fan-kit" keyword

http://www.amd.com/en-us/markets/dig...n-kit-download

But some are missing now it seems These from "From great to greatness" are fine

GUI for supported Adrenalin distribution which works on X and W without overhead with head or not is our desire, as we are not in MS DOS times anymore or maybe we still are
    Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 05:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    AMD, is there at least FullHD version of this Adrenalin Pro i want it as wallpaper There were some PRO walpapers like that somewhere on your site, does anyone have a link?

Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2018, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cRaZy-bisCuiT
    replied
    @AMD: What is wrong with you? For a few weeks / months the prices for 560 / 570 /580 were at least almost back to its original level.

Now I'd need to pay 330 € for a 570 and 350 € for a 580? Instead of whining crypto miners buy your cards you should be happy to earn that much money! And at the same time you should make sure to deliver!

For 1,5 years I got a 480 running very nice due to the work of the devs working at Mesa and AMDGPU. In fact I wanted to buy a 7 nm GPU when the time has come. But please fix this awkward situation ASAP! The Linux AMD GPU usage will decline even if the driver stack situation is perfect if you don't react!

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by heliosh View Post
    Ok, but why is there vomit on the left board? https://www.phoronix.net/image.php?i...u_gaming1_show
    I'm pretty sure it's just a cammo pattern.

Leave a comment:

• heliosh
    replied
    Ok, but why is there vomit on the left board? https://www.phoronix.net/image.php?i...u_gaming1_show

Leave a comment:

Working...
X